(63). - The Gods Tear.

I moved quickly through the academy halls, not encountering a single soul as I did. It was strange, the whole place was like a ghost town.... Only one which was taken over by a strange parasitic or something goo which covered everything - the walls, the floor and the ceiling. Even the organic nature parts of the academy weren't safe from this strange substance.

'Ancient One, is 'Global Sense' able to pick up the source of this shit?'

| I am trying to locate it to the best of my abilities, however all this mysterious substance covering the walls, ceiling and floor seems to be interfering with my reach. |

No surprises there...
Though it isn't really that strong, I could still feel remnants of Magical Energy coming from this fucking stuff. Like I said — it wasn't that strong, but it most definitely wasn't unnoticeable.

As I moved through the academy halls, a feeling of being watched slowly crept on me. I don't know why, but there was this eerie feeling that someone... Or something was watching me.

'I hate this feeling...'

I thought, shedding a sweat, before stopping in my tracks and looking around myself. I don't know why, but I felt like this wasn't just a feeling. It's hard to explain.... But I felt like the feeling of being watched wasn't just an eerie byproduct of the unsettling nature that the academy was in right now.

No, it felt like... There was actually something watching me from somewhere.

"Ancient One, mind if I do something?"

| Depends on what you wish to do. |

"Just a quick sweep of the area around me. It won't be that destructive, don't worry."

The Ancient One didn't reply but simply exhaled, seemingly like he had expected this answer from me. Then, after a bit, he let out another sigh.

| ....Very well. I will not mind it. |

'A thousand thanks Ancient One.'

I stated in my mind, before putting on a serious expression, my eyes and markings still glowing with a light blue glow. Then, I activated my skill 'Holy One' creating a small orb of pure white light in my right hands palm, before lifting it up into the air and then smashing it into the ground, releasing a powerful, white shockwave from it.

The shockwave travelled through the academy area around me, without bumping into anything, before suddenly damaging and pushing back a creature, that had perfectly blended in with the surroundings infront of me.

"I knew it."

I said to myself, before quickly manifesting the bo-staff made from Abyss Flames and White Flames, spinning it around and leaping in towards the creature that I had just knocked back.

The creature looked extremely fucked up - completely pitch black in colour, its body made from the same strange gooey substance and it was covered from top to bottom in eyes which had this strange swirling pattern in them.
All the eyes looked at me, as I appeared above the falling creature.

It was about to attack me, however I quickly spun the bo-staff and stabbed it into the creatures torso, pushing it and pinning it to the ground, before pushing the bo-staff all the way through its body, killing it in an instant.