(95). - Labyrinth of Secrets. [1]

Inside the labyrinth, it was as you'd expect it to be for a hedge maze of this size. The walls were absolutely enormous, stretching up high into the sky and the vegetation that the walls were made of was very lush green and seemingly filled with all sorts of different coloured fruits and what not. Now, I could not recognise a single one of the fruits in the greenery, as they looked quite strange, but I'm sure they were some local delicacy or something.

The Man who had brought us here to help him with something inside the maze in the first place was the one at the very front of our group, with Wezrall to my right side and Arabor on my left, keeping his head down and hands in his coats pockets.

I couldn't help but notice how silent and almost like in his head Arabor has been since we encountered the Man back at the tavern — I couldn't shake off the feeling that he knew something more about the man or this story and wasn't telling us. Now, I am not saying that he would keep secrets from us for whatever reason, but it was strange how much in his own thoughts he seemed to be.

| Connection between him and the Man is unlikely, however I can say that the Man leading you all into this is not who he makes himself appear. There's more to him. |

Really now?
I will take it that you got that information from doing your appraisal on him?

| Unfortunately No. For some reason I could not view the mans status — it wasn't even blocked, it simply did not exist. Almost like he doesn't have one. |

That's strange...
I can see why you said that there is more to him. Now, if he doesn't have a viewable status, then perhaps 'Essence Lord' can help me out here. Haven't done this in a while, but I think I remember how to appraise someones soul.

As I activated my 'Essence Lord' skill to try and see the Mans soul, I was met with a confusing sight. Despite the man walking right infront of us and clearly being a living being, he... Didn't have a soul. All I could see was a pitch black silhouette of him, which signified an individual not having a soul, since I have seen this phenomena once already, and that was against the Awakened form of Rentrituar.

Not having a soul made the Man even more suspicious to me, and definitely made me a bit skeptical, however I kept silent about it for now and simply continued to follow after him.

After a little while longer of just following the man in the labyrinth, we had stopped at a giant crossroad, where our choices of where to go were quite.... Large. Worse yet, I could spot the sky beginning to change colour, which signified that sunset was slowly coming upon us.

<Wio>(Wezrall);
"Where to next?"

Wezrall asked looking at the Man, who was examining each of the paths with his eyes.

<?>;
"Hm.... I don't know exactly — this maze is one that is filled with tricks, so getting to the middle is not easy."

The man replied before deciding to head down the path that was right infront of us, leading us back into the labyrinths paths.

We followed the man closely, all of us making sure to stick together so we wouldn't get lost inside of this maze. The slowly approaching sunset was a bad sign to me, as it meant that we had been in this maze for probably hours at this point and yet, we still have not made it to the centre or even found anything that may hint towards the centre being nearby.

While we continued to move, the silence between us all was beginning to slowly kill me, as I looked at the man infront of us and exhaled.