Recessive or Normal? (1/2)

Day 278. Earlier, on the Hunting Trip

As Heesung and Jaekyung wandered through the woods searching for food, the blonde looked over at the other alpha. They had a pending conversation that Jaekyung so far has avoided with any kind of excuse, but now that they're alone there's nowhere he can run to. He has suspected something's going on in between him and Dan ever since Potato told him about what happened in the suburbs, but recent events have only risen his suspicions. The branches broke underneath their feet, the air was swooning around them, and this was his perfect chance.

You know, I've noticed you've grown quite close to Dan...

He's pretty chill. ―Jaekyung nodded, trying to keep the conversation low. He knew what the blonde one was trying to do.

You got pretty heated when Seungho gave him his bag and swung his bat, I noticed that too.

And what about it? ―he raised his eyebrow.

You also got weird when I tried to help him out with his bag after we left the barn.

Cut the crap, what do you want?

Is there something going on that I should be aware of?

The dominant alpha stopped on his tracks in that very moment, looking straight at Heesung as he said that. He narrowed his eyes suspiciously: If it was a completely different situation Jaekyung wouldn't have minded telling him a few details; however, he's aware of Dan's stance regarding the team having any kind of knowledge about the little situationship they have. Nakyum's awareness was nothing but an accident, so he can't afford Heesung to know.

I think I heard some boars over there. ―he quickly changed the subject.

Oh my God, there is something!

I never said that. ―Jaekyung scowed.

Normally you would've told me either a yes or no, but you're straight up ignoring my question!

What?! No, that's a lie. I never told you shit, it was them who told you.

Nope. ―Heesung shook his head, grinning. ―Oh man, I should've known!

There's nothing for you to know, knock it off, you're scaring the prey. ―the alpha grunted, walking away from the blonde alpha.

And I guess that whatever you guys have going on has nothing to do with the fact that you both smelled weird at the barn, or that your pheromones are all over him!

The hell? We didn't smelled weird, it's just you!

What if I ask Seungho or Nakyum about it? I bet they'd tell you the same.

Do whatever the fuck you want, we're not a thing, just friends.

"Sort of."

Jaekyung kept walking, trying to leave the man with the insistent questions behind as he clutched his hands. Heesung simply grinned, knowing he was close to finding an answer, all he has to do is keep pushing and Jaekyung will fold by himself.

He was so tired of this; Heesung can't ever know, he'd need to have a will of the Gods to not tell him a single thing. It'd be easy, considering he's a centered person and...