Don't Shoot! I Have a Baby!

Don't shoot! I have a baby!

Dan screamed out loud, holding the fake baby in his arms and over his chest as he walked out of the convenience store's storage room. He was sweating in fear, hoping this hoax could give a chance to those who actually believed in a safe haven in Busan in case it didn't worked out. The shooting ceased, and Dan immediately looked around him to find said shooter, holding tight to the bag.

What's the baby's name? ―the man screamed between the foliage. Dan let out a sigh of relief as soon as he heard the question.

His name is... Kim Siu. ―Dan said as loud as he could before pretending to soothe the baby, hoping to keep the charade up. ―He's only four months old, please... let us go.

Is the baby's father back in there? I counted at least three of you meddling with our shit.

He's... Dead. Very much dead. Please let us go, we don't want any trouble. ―Dan pleaded, holding the bag in his arms.

You know, the people I work with are not going to be very happy for what you did. They'll probably feed your baby to the biters for all I care. A little thing like that is nothing but a snack to them.

They'll never have to know, if you just let us go we'll skip town, simple as that... Nobody has to get hurt...

Then put back everything you took, and I'll let you live.

Dan looked down to the backpack Potato held in the storage room and that now he was playing pretend with. They had a long trip ahead, and with their food running so low they just couldn't give up something like this. He looked at the foliage, hanging onto his bag.

I'm afraid that isn't going to happen, sir.

You got some balls talking to me like that when I have a gun and you're basically at point blank range. Don't you think so, sugar?

His nose scrunched upon the nickname, looking over at the foliage trying to do his best to identify the shooting point before it was too late. But the overgrown nature, the wind and the small begging in the inside of the building were distracting him: he had to focus, or everybody would die.

If you're so close, why don't you come down here and face me?

The fuck?

I'll leave my baby inside, and if you're a true man you'll be right here, ready to fight me when I get back. If you win, we leave everything behind and you'll never see us again. If we win, we'll take everything we got and your gun. How does that sound? ―Dan shouted at the sky, praying an answer would come in the shape of words instead of bullets.

It felt like forever before the omega's threat got one.

I got something better. If you win, I let you live and take the stuff. If I win, you leave everything behind, I kill every single one of you and I take you to my leader so he makes you another baby, how does that sound?

Dan gulped, looking from the front to the back of the building as he hoped none of this backfired. He could listen to the soft muffled "No" in the inside of the building, not knowing that Jaekyung was being held back by both Daehyun and Heesung.