CHAPTER 22-Dinner Dates and Arguments-

Last Day Of School- -Play Song On Repeat-

EMMA'S POV-

    I was sitting on top of the garden wall, talking to Claire "I can't believe it's the last day of 5th!" Claire said as her hair golden hair blew with the wind, "I know right! I'm so ready for this summer!" I said as I smiled and looked at Hughie who was talking to Patrick "Stop staring at my brother!" Claire said as she nudged my shoulder, "Hey! I'm sorry, he just looks so cute." I said as I admired my boyfriend that was walking with Patrick in the car park "Ewwww!!" Claire said while fake throwing up, "Hey baby!" Hughie said as he stood in between my legs and planting his hands on both sides of my hips, "How's your morning." He said before he kissed my soft, blush pink lips "It's good so far, I'm excited for tonight!" I said as I combed my fingers through his hair "I am too, remember to dress fancy. " Hughie said as he rubs his hands up and down my torso "I will, I bought this beautiful dress for tonight!" I said as excitement filled me "Can't wait to see." He said as he hugged me and put his face on my stomach, "You okay.?" I asked as I hugged him "Yeah, just tired." Hughie said, but my attention was focused on Joey who was talking to one of the crackies, Joey turns around and we lock eye contact. My heart breaks when I see his bloodshot, tired eyes, and pale skin, he mouthed "I'm sorry.." as he looked at me and then turned away, I sagged in relief when I saw him give the bag back. Thank you..

-----------------------------------------

 I walked into the canteen and ran into someone "Watch out eejit!" I said to the boy, "What did you just say to me?" The boy said, he easily towered over me, he was bigger than me too. "I said watch out eejit!" I said coldly, he recoiled his hand back but when I was expecting to feel a stinging pain, but I didn't.. "Back the fuck up Ronan." Hughie's voice said,  I opened my eyes to see Hughie holding onto Ronan's wrist tightly, "Don't even think about fucking touching her. Cause if you do then you won't have a god damn hand to wank ya self with." Hughie said letting go of Ronan and then pushing him back "Okay, okay. Dick." Ronan said as he walked away, I sagged in relief and I sagged into Hughie's body as he pulled me into a hug "I hate people.." I said into Hughie's chest "I know, I know. Come on, let's get you some food." Hughie said as he let go of me but still left his hand on my lower back.

----------------------------------------

I was walking out of school when the last bell rang, I was standing outside in the ran trying to find my keys in my bag, "Do you want a ride.?" A voice came from behind me "Uh, no thanks-" I stopped mid sentence when I saw that the person who asked me for a ride was Joey. "Hey Joe.." I said as I looked him in the eyes, "Hey Em" He said while looking back at me, I looked away and continued to look for my keys. "Come on, I'll just take you home." Joey said as he started to walk to his car but I stayed exactly where I was "Emma, come on" Joey said as he stopped in his tracks and waited for me, "Fine.. But don't think any of it!" I said as I walked with him to his car, "I won't, I promise." Joey said as I got into the car when he did, "Well, how was your day..?" Joey asked as he started the car "Good. I have a date tonight, so I'm excited." I said as I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear "Ah, that's nice." Joey said as he kept his focus on the road, "So how's you and Aoife..?" I asked trying to start a civil conversation, "We're good. Uhm, getting ready for the baby." Joey said while turning the car "Nice.." I said while looking out the window, "Uhm yeah. How's you and Hughie.?" Joey asked in return "We're good, tonight we are going on a date. I'm really happy Joe." I said as I looked at him "I'm happy for you Em.." He said as he stopped the car in my driveway "Thank you Joe." I said as I unbuckled my seatbelt and pulled Joey into a hug, Joey's body relaxed when I hugged him "I'm happy for you too Joe." I said to him before pulling away "I needed that Em." Joe said as he looked at me "I know you did. I still know you Joe." I said as shivers ran through me "Bye Joe." I said as I climbed out of the car "Bye Em. I'm here if you need me." Joey said as he turned the car on and drove away.