~Ch-24~

~The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy~

Y/N stood in front of the massive window in her room, staring out at the sprawling garden of her stepfather's mansion.

The moonlight cast eerie shadows on the ground, mirroring the tangled thoughts in her mind.

The conversation with Yoongi, few days ago and jungkook  still lingered, an unspoken bond forming between them, a glimmer of hope in her otherwise cold existence.

She turned away from the window, determined to bury the memory deep within.

Interacting with her stepbrothers was a risk she wasn’t willing to take. But the comfort she felt in Yoongi’s presence was something she couldn't ignore. It was the first time in a long while she felt a semblance of peace.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Namjoon was pacing the living room.

His mind was racing with the latest intel on their father's business dealings.

The mafia world was becoming increasingly dangerous, and their father's absence only added to the tension.

He glanced at Jin, who was engrossed in a book, seemingly unbothered by the chaos around them.

Namjoon : We need to stay alert

Namjoon said, breaking the silence.

Jin looked up, his expression calm but serious.

Jin : I know. But we also need to be careful not to draw unnecessary attention. The last thing we need is more enemies.

As they talked, Yoongi entered the room, his face a mask of indifference.

Yoongi : What’s the plan?

he asked, his voice low.

Namjoon sighed.

Namjoon : For now, we wait. We can't make any moves until we know more.

Upstairs, Y/N decided to venture out of her room.

She needed a distraction, anything to keep her mind off the conversation with Yoongi. She made her way to the library, hoping to find solace in the pages of a book.

She was surprised to find Jungkook there, his eyes scanning the shelves.

He looked up when he heard her footsteps and gave a small nod of acknowledgment.

Without a word, Y/N joined him, the silence between them comfortable yet charged with unspoken understanding.

As they perused the books, a loud crash echoed through the mansion, followed by hurried footsteps.

Y/N and Jungkook exchanged a glance before rushing towards the source of the noise.

They found Namjoon, Jin, and Yoongi in the living room, tense and alert.

Y/n : What's going on?

Y/N asked, her voice steady despite the sudden adrenaline rush.

Namjoon looked at her, his eyes hard.

Namjoon : We have an intruder.

Jungkook stepped forward.

Jungkook : Do we know who it is?

Yoongi shook his head.

Yoongi : Not yet, but we need to find out.

As they strategized, Y/N felt a strange mix of fear and determination. She had spent years building walls around her heart, but now, faced with a common threat, she realized those walls might need to come down.

For the first time, she felt a sense of unity with her stepbrothers, a need to protect their family, even if it was fractured and complicated.

Jungkook caught her eye, a silent promise passing between them. Whatever happened next, they would face it together. The bonds of blood might be complicated, but in this moment, they were stronger than ever.

[A/n]

Sry cherries for short chapter again... but I am really busy with some work

Byee <33