~Ch-30~

"You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.”

The sun peeked through the curtains of the mansion, casting a warm glow over the sleeping inhabitants.

It was a rare lazy Sunday morning, and the house was unusually quiet, save for the occasional snore or the rustling of blankets. However, the tranquility was short-lived.

A loud crash echoed through the hallway, followed by a series of frantic footsteps.

Y/N jolted awake, groggily rubbing her eyes. She swung her legs out of bed and made her way to the door, curious about the commotion.

Stepping into the hallway, she was met with the sight of Jungkook, clad in a pair of mismatched pajamas, frantically trying to balance a tray of breakfast items. His wide eyes and panicked expression spoke volumes.

Jungkook : Morning, Y/N!

he exclaimed, attempting to regain his balance.

Jungkook : I thought I'd surprise everyone with breakfast in bed, but, uh... things didn't go as planned.

Y/N stifled a laugh, stepping forward to help him.

Y/n : Need a hand?

Jungkook nodded gratefully.

Jungkook : Yes, please. Before I drop everything.

Together, they managed to steady the tray and carry it to the kitchen, where they found the rest of their brothers already gathered.

Taehyung was perched on the counter, munching on an apple, while Hoseok and Jimin engaged in a playful tug-of-war over a box of cereal.

Namjoon and Yoongi sat at the table, sipping coffee and observing the chaos with amused expressions.

Y/n : Looks like we have quite the breakfast crew,

Y/N commented, placing the tray on the counter.

Jin, who had just entered his precious kitchen, raised an eyebrow at the scene.

Y/n : What happened here? A food fight?

Jungkook grinned sheepishly.

Jungkook : Just trying to bring everyone breakfast. Might've bitten off more than I could chew.

With everyone now awake and gathered in the kitchen, the atmosphere quickly turned lively.

Taehyung and Hoseok decided to take charge of the pancakes, while Jimin and Jungkook handled the eggs and bacon.

Namjoon attempted to make toast, but managed to burn the first batch, resulting in a chorus of good-natured teasing.

Y/N found herself laughing more than she had in a long time. The kitchen was filled with the sounds of sizzling food, clinking utensils, and cheerful chatter.

Despite the chaotic start, breakfast turned out to be a success, and they all gathered around the dining table to enjoy the meal.

As they ate, Jin announced,

Jin : We should do something fun today. How about a movie marathon?

Everyone immediately agreed, the prospect of a relaxing day appealing to them all. The conversation quickly turned to which movies to watch, with each brother advocating for their favorite films.

Namjoon : I vote for action movies

Namjoon suggested.

Namjoon : Something with lots of explosions.