Chapter 12

I can feel my heart beating out of my chest, a constant pulsating in my head as my feet hit the hard concrete below.

Sweat dripping from my brow, yet I continue placing one foot in front of the other on the stony path way.

Trying to take my mind away from the last few days.

I'd ventured out of my flat for a gentle jog that had turned in to a full on sprint around the local park, pushing my body to the brink.

Kimberley's words still never leaving my consciousness, Words that had plagued my mind for days now. Words that cut like a knife to my heart.

"I'm getting Married"

"He's a good man, He'll look after me"

"Justin"

"I'll see you around"

I'll see you around . . What is that? What does that even mean? it's a sentence people use when there in a conversation with a distant friend or relative when there trying to leave without having to answer the awkward question of when will I see you again. A person uses this sentence when they have no intention of seeing said person again or any time soon.

Did Kimberley never want to see me again? Was that it . . Had she finally gotten the closure she desired?

Most of the conversation we'd shared that night had become a blur in my memory once those three little words had passed her lips . . "I'm getting Married" . . Just a few key words stuck out before she excused herself claiming she needed to go home and get ready for school.

She'd moved on, She'd gotten on with her life and found a safe dependable Loyal Man and forgotten all about me in the process. I was mad and I had no right to be. How could I expect her to wait around for me? I wasn't mad at her I was mad at myself.

Why had it taken me so long to get up the courage to return to her? And would I ever of been brave enough if it hadn't been for Sarah's gentle pushing?

She obviously still had some feelings for me, but not enough. She Loved this Justin guy now and he was going to make her his wife.

I could feel my heartbreaking knowing she was never going to be with me again. I'd spent the last few days wishing I'd never come back, Not knowing had to be better than this pain.

But I couldn't shake the feeling that I was meant to be here. The few moments prior to Kimberley's bombshell was the happiest I'd felt in a long time. Just wrapped up in each other, It felt right.

Stopping at a water fountain I splash some water over my face and regain my breath, it's a cold early December day in London far from the warmth of Ibiza. Dog walkers pass me bundled up in big coats & woolly hats, I really needed to purchase a winter wardrobe.

My mobile ringing in my trackie bottoms brings me out of my daze.

"Hey Sarah, How are you?"

"Blimey Chezza ya sound knacked"

"Yeah, Just out having a jog"

"A Jog? Are you outta your mind it freezing out there"

"I know just needed to get out the house"

"Arrh Right . . . Work I'll sort you out later, I've got all sorts planned for you"

"Great cant wait and I'm not even joking"

"Yeah I know, Bout 5?"

"Sure, Cya Later Sarah"

"Cya Chez"