Chapter 8

"This place is truly remarkable, Sarah"

"I told you, Never doubt the Harding" Sarah laughs

"I will never doubt you again" I smirk at her as I explore the bar area of Sarah's Club.

"So your impressed, Right?"

"I am very impressed, This place is huge and it looks amazing"

"Thanks, If you have any idea? Things you think could improve the place feel free to chip in you are deputy Manager now babe" Sarah tells me

"I'll have a little think" I tell her, My head is in fact swarming with ideas I cant wait to get my teeth stuck in.

"Good, Cant believe we open in a week" She says sitting down on a bar stool.

"Crazy, Will Kimberley be coming to opening night?" I ask nervously

"I should hope so, She is my best friend after all" Sarah says giving me a knowing look

"Have you spoke to her since we got back yesterday?"

"No, She sent me a couple of texts asking me to phone her but I haven't yet, I don't know what to say to her, And I don't want to have to lie to her"

"Right"

"So you need to make your move soon, Cheryl. I don't like avoiding my best friend. I gave you her number so please I'm begging you use it" Sarah tells me sternly

"I want to, Its just hard"

"I know, But your going to have to do it eventually so the quicker the better please or ill have to do it for you"

"I'll do it tonight" I tell Sarah, I really do want to. I almost did this morning I finally got the nerve to dial her number but when she answered I couldn't get any words out and she finally hung up. I just sat on sofa in Sarah's old place with a goofy smile on my face relaying the few words she spoke in my head over and over again. That's the closest I'd been to her in 4 years.

"Come on I'll show you the rest of this place"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Wowzars, Sarah. You have enough booze to keep a small nation a float for months" I laugh standing in the middle of the clubs cellar looking at Sarah stockpile of Booze.

"You can never have enough liquor"

"Really?" I question

"Harding Motto, You can never have enough Sex or Alcohol" She Says with a wink.

"God help Tom" I laugh

"Oi"

We both laugh as Sarah shows me ever more Alcohol further into the cellar, I was really getting on well with Sarah She'd been really good to me over the last few days.

"Do you hear a noise" Sarah asks me

"Upstairs?" I say as I listen

"Yeah"

"Sarah .... ......Sarah are you here"

"Yep, Think you have a visitor upstairs" I say hearing the shouting

"Great, Probably a minion wanting a advance on there pay before they even start work, See this is what you have to look forward to" Sarah Says "Come on" She says heading back towards the stone steps of the cellar.

I follow Sarah up the stairs and into the back area of the club.

"Finally Sarah, was you ever going to return my calls" I look up when I hear the unmistakable familiar voice, There she is just stood a few feet in front of me.

Gulp

Time seems to stop as I just look at her, She's not moving or saying anything. She looks like she's just had the biggest shock of her life, But her eyes are still piercing mine like they always did.

God she looks gorgeous, If possible she's got prettier.

"I'll let you two talk" Sarah says quietly, she turns around and heads into the office

"Kimberley" I stutter out not know what to do or say as tears prick my eyes.

I see a tear trickle down her face, My chest feels likes its going to explode.

"Kimba" I sob

Slowly she walks the small distance between us and her hands find my face straight away as she runs her fingers tenderly over my cheeks then nose and eyes, She continues to caress my face with her fingers like she's not quite believing what she's touching , Her eyes never leaving mine.

"Is it really you?" Kimberley breaths out shakily

I bring my own hands up to her face and wipe her tears away with the pad of my thumbs

"Its me baby" I whisper as more tears pour from my eyes

She doesn't say anything, She continues to cup my cheek with one hand as her other hand seeks out mine, entwining our fingers.

"I missed you" I tell her honestly

I bring our entwined hands up and place them over her heart.

"I........" I don't finish my sentence as she cuts me off in a breath taking kiss, Her lips softly find mine in a slow lingering kiss as our tears mix together.

I bring my free hand down and wrap it around her back pulling her as close as possible to my body.

I slowly enter my tongue into Kimberley's mouth and deepen the kiss after a few seconds I feel her own tongue touch mine, It feels like electrics running thru my body. I'm in pure bliss.

The kiss is broke prematurely as she steps back and pulls her hand out of mine

"No. . . I cant do this" she says shaking her head and stepping backwards "I'm Sorry" She says as tears stream down her face once again.

"Kimberley, Babe" I say stepping forward, I hold out my hand to her.

"I'm Sorry" She cries, She doesn't take my hand. Instead she runs towards the exit and out of sight. I just stand in awe for a few seconds trying to comprehend what's just happened. She Kissed me, Then left me.

After a few more moments I decided to go after her but its to late as I see the back of a land rover in the distance.