Chapter 27

"You must be John's family" He smiled stopping in front of the Walsh herd.

"I'm his wife, Diane. How is he?"

"The surgery went well . . .If you'd like to follow me in to the meeting room, I'll let you know how he's doing" He said, Everyone breathed a sigh of relief as Diane and the rest of Kimberley siblings followed the doctor into the meeting room across the hall.

Kimberley tugged on my hand to follow her.

"I'll wait out here" I told her, she looked reluctant to move "I promise you I wont move from this chair" I smiled.

"Ok" She said as she dropped my hand and walked through the door being held open by Adam.

I sat back down on the chair and waited.

About 10 minutes later the Walsh clan emerged from the meeting room all looking a lot more Relaxed than when they'd gone in. Diane had followed the doctor and was being taken to Johns room.

"How is he?" I asked standing up when Kimberley and Adam came striding towards me

"He's gonna be ok" Kimberley smiled it was the first time in hours I'd seen that sparkle back in her eyes.

"That's great" I laughed as Kimberley pulled me toward her in a fierce hug "I'm so happy for you, Babe" I whispered in her ear.

I caught Adams eye as I rested my Head on Kimberley shoulder, His face cracked into a grin as he watched our exchange.

"He's still pretty banged up but certainly out of the woods" Adam told me as Kimberley & I broke the hug.

"Few broken bones and there's some swelling around the brain but they think he should wake up in a few hours and they fixed his punched lung" Adam told us, we re took our seats in the corridor.

"Mum, Sally & Amy have gone into see him" Kimberley smiled at me

"That's really good news" I said, I was so happy for Kimberley I'd convinced myself that this would end the same way it had for me all those years ago. I'm really glad I was wrong.

"I'm going go get a coffee, You girls want one?" Adam asked

"Please if you don't mind" I said, my eyes where starting to feel heavy and I was in a desperate need of a pick me up

"Sure, Kim?"

"No, I'm ok Adam"

"Ok, Wont be long" He said as he wondered back down the corridor leaving us alone.

"Are you feeling, better now?" I asked, I don't know why it was the first thing that popped in to my head, Of course she was feeling better.

"I am . .I know I've been a bit of a mess tonight and I'm so thankful that you've been here to take care of me" She told me placing her hand on my thigh.

"I'm glad I was here with you" I said covering her hand with mine.

"Babe . . ." She started squeezing my hand "I'm so sorry for the sh*t I've put you through since you came back to me" Her voice cracked with emotion as she looked deep into my eyes.

"Lets not talk about that now" I told her "We have all the time in the world to discuss that"

"No . . Tonight made me realise how precious life is and how is could all be taken away in a instant"

"That's true" I agreed

"So I want you to know something, Cheryl" She brought her hand up to my face and cupped it gently.