Chapter 31

I read the words on the page over and over until I noticed my tears where mixing with the ink on the paper. I folded the letter up carefully not wanting any harm to come to it and placed it on the table.

My hands where trembling, I couldn’t believe the beautiful words Kimberley had written about me. I wiped at my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie and walked the short distance to my bedroom to retrieve my mobile phone.

I sat on the end of my bed and brought my phone to my ear waiting for the call to connect to her.

“Morning Gorgeous” She answered, As soon as I heard her voice I felt myself sniffing back tears once more “Cheryl . ..Babe are you there”

“I’m here” I muttered into a sob

“Baby what’s wrong?”

“I . . I  . . .got your letter” 

“Ok  . .  .”

“It was beautiful Kim, I cant believe you wrote that about me”

“Why not babe?”

“I dunno”

“Cheryl” She whispered

“Yeah”

“You have no idea how much I love you, do you?”

“I do . .I think so anyway”

“Babe, I promise you from now on your not going to ‘think it’ your going to know it, I love you so much babe” 

“I love you to” 

“Babe, Please don’t cry. Its breaking my heart that I’m so far away and cant comfort you”

“I’m sorry, I’m just a little overwhelmed . .I’ve only ever received two birthday cards in my life before so this is a little bit surreal for me, Its hard processing that you wrote that about me”

“Every single word”

“Kim, You have no idea how much I want to hold you and kiss you right now”

“I do . .Cause I feel it to”

“I miss you”

“I know . . I should be home in 2 days”

“2 days . . .I know this is pathetic but I cant wait that long to see you”

“Babe”

“Seriously Kim . . What if I hop on the train and come back up there”

“I would love that but aren’t you working tonight”

“Yeah . . .I could come up and we could go to lunch? I’d be back before I start work”

“Babe, You’d be knacked. I cant let you do that, Plus we’d only get to see each other for a hour at the most”

“I don’t mind Kim, I just want to see you smile and thank you for the letter, And maybe feel your lips against mine”

“Cheryl”

“I just need to kiss you”

“Baby, That’s so appealing don’t get me wrong but you cant just jump on a train for 4 hours just to Kiss me”

“I will though”

“I know you would but its not fare, Just hang in there for 48 hours. Just think you‘ve gone 4 years before so 2 days should be easy”

“Ok”

“But Babe, You have no idea how much I want to kiss you . .Every inch of you”

“Oh  . .Really”