Chapter 19

Today had been a strange day, I'd been woken up by a cryptic text message from Sarah

<< Sarah - I don't wanna c you at all today, You have the day off xXx >>

I didn't reply, I just decided once I was up & dressed I'd give her a ring and see what she was going on about. It had a long weekend. I was missing Kimberley like mad and it had only been a few days. The last time I saw her was Friday morning when we'd walked Lou-Lou around the park. She'd spent the rest of the weekend with him. It was Monday morning now and it had felt like I'd not seen her forever, I had kept busy at the club and seeing John, But nothing ever took my mind off her completely. I was tempted to get up early and head to the park and see if Kimberley was there alone or if he was with her. I knew he went back up north on Mondays but exact times id not found out yet, I needed to step up my spy work.

A couple of hours after Sarah's text I was still rolling around in bed when I received another, But this time it was from her.

<<Kimberley - A little birdy told me you'd blagged the day off work . First day of the School Holidays for me. Wondered if you might fancy watching a film later & getting a take-away? I know Lou-Lou would like to see you xx >>

<<Cheryl - Sounds Great, I'll bring popcorn xx >>

So here I was standing on Kimberley's door step like a nervous teenager as I waited for her to answer the door.

"Hello You" She grinned as she opened the door

"Hey stranger" I smiled brightly

"Cheryl, Its only been a few days" She laughed

"Really, Feels like a lifetime" I pouted

"Aww have you missed us babe" She teased

"Hmm . .You could say that"

"I missed you to" She confessed

"Really?"

"Really, You dope . ." I just smiled a goofy smile at her, She'd Missed me "Come here" She said beckoning me towards her, She held out her arms and I found myself gravitating towards her. I put my head on her shoulder & placed my arms around the small of her back and held her probably tighter than was necessary for Friends. She'd wrapped her arms a little higher up my back, repeatedly stroking me shoulder gently with her right hand.

I didn't move, I was enjoying the pleasure of being held by her far to much to be the first one to pull away. After longer than perhaps appropriate Kimberley did break the embrace, Pulling away she looked at me with what I hoped was a look of longing.

Here we where just looking at each other on Kimberley's door step, I wasn't a genius but even I knew this wasn't a normally platonic relationship.

It was Love.

"Oh . . .Erm . ..I guess I should invite you in" Kimberley stuttered

"Yeah, Its kinda cold out here" I joked trying to ease the tension

"Oh, Sorry" She said moving to the side and opening the door a little wider

I bent down and picked up the items I'd left on the floor earlier "I bought treats" I giggled

"Ohh really, Show me" She said happily as she followed me down the hall to her Kitchen where I placed the items on her Kitchen table.

"Popcorn" I grinned waving it in front of her

"Mmm Delicious, What else did you get" She said eyeing up my very big & heavy bag.

"Well you see, when I went to the off license to get the popcorn these caught my eye" I said lifting a single bottle of Iron Bru WKD out of the bag.