Chapter 9

I walk back into the club in a semi-daze, I cant get her tear soaked face out of my mind.

"So What happened, Spill" Sarah says coming out of the back office a eager grin on her face.

My legs still feel like jelly so I sit myself down on a bar stool as Sarah walks behind the bar.

"She Kissed me" I say more to myself than Sarah, Still trying to process what had happened

I can still feel her presence on my lips as they tingle gently from her soft touch.

I bring my fingers to my lips, Tracing the outline of them with my index finger, Hoping in some shape or foam it will bring me closer to her.

"She kissed you...Oh my god" Sarah squeals excitably "Then what happened?"

"She . . . She... left" I stutter

Fresh tears reach my eyes and this time I don't think I can stop them as they cascade down my face, My whole body turns into a quivering mess as Sarah reaches my side and scoops me in to a hug. She rubs my back soothingly for a few minutes until I get myself together and regain the power of speech.

"What happened, Chez"

"She Kissed me Sarah then she ran away from me" I whisper into her body not knowing what any of this means.

She pulls away from me and wipes the wet strands of hair from my face.

"What did she say?" Sarah asks me concerned

"Nothing only that she was Sorry" I tell her

"And What did you say?"

"Nothing" I mutter

"You didn't say anything?"

"I don't think so anyway. It all happened so fast" I say rubbing my head "I need to talk to her, I need to see her but I don't think she wants to see me" I snivel "What shall I do Sarah"

Why did she have to run off, Why didn't she want to talk to me.

"First of all I'm going to get you a strong drink I think you need it" Sarah says her answer to everything is always 'I'll get you a drink' or 'Lets get p!ssed' she stands up and walks around the other side of the bar and pours me a shot of whisky and hand it to me.

I bring the shot glass up to my face till its eye level, The Brown liquid looks anything but appealing.

"Drink it . . It will back you feel better. Calm your nerves" Sarah assures me.

I neck it back in one feeling the poison burn the lining of my throat then let out an embarrassing cough.

Sarah stiffens a giggle.

"She must be so confused" I mutter. I'm confused and I knew I was here so what must she be feeling.

"More than that I'd say" Sarah says looking lost in thought "I need to go and find her and make sure she's ok"

I just nod my head.

"I'll lock up here & drop you back at your flat on the way" Sarah says

"Can I come with you?" I ask hopeful

Sarah gives me a pained look "I don't think that's wise, Let me talk to her first" She places her hand over mine giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Can you tell her . . ." My thoughts run riot as I try to give Sarah a message to pass on to her, There's so much I want to tell her, I miss her, I need her, I love her.

"Tell her what?"

"I'm thinking about her" I'm Always thinking about her.

"I will do, Now come on" She says collecting her bag from underneath the bar.