Chapter 25:Delayed conversation

The day Jessica met Maurice again was quite dramatic.

In fact, during this period, including before and after reaching a consensus with Eric on long-term sex partners, the photographer Ryan had been harassing her.

She left her mobile phone number and email address, and Ryan's studio sent the finished photos to her. The deal was over, but the contact was not cut off.

Ryan would use a private email address and send her every few days.

The group gradually dispersed.

Jessica lowered her head, "Thank you, I'll leave if I'm fine." After saying that, she turned around and left without waiting for him to say anything.

"Jessica." Maurice called her, "Let's chat."

Maurice changed shifts early, so he made her wait for a while before changing into casual clothes and coming out.

Jessica looked up at the man who was still in high spirits, and then looked down at the tip of his shoes.

Maurice walked in front of her, staring at his head that was only at the level of his chest, and unlocked a black SUV not far away with the car key in his hand, "Get in the car, let's go to your house to chat."

"?" Jessica: "Why go to my house?"

Two years of not seeing each other, so direct?

"Let's chat about how you've been doing in the past two years."

"... We can chat outside."

Maurice pulled the corner of his mouth, without a smile, "Will you tell me in detail outside? You can only say two words, 'OK'. Jessica, no one understands you better than me."

Jessica choked.

Indeed, she knew he would ask her about her recent situation, so she had just thought of solving the problem with two universal words: OK, not bad, all right.

She had never expected that he would go to her house right away.

"... I don't have to tell you in detail at home."

Maurice continued to laugh, "You don't have to tell me, I can tell by looking at you."

Jessica was almost carried into the car. When Maurice was about to close the door, she grabbed the door and begged, "Maurice..."

Maurice's heart trembled, but he showed no abnormality on the surface, "You just disappeared without a word."

"I'm sorry..." She gave in, but there was no sincerity in her.

Jessica didn't think she was wrong, nor did she feel guilty.

It was so embarrassing back then, what else could she do if she didn't disappear.

Maurice naturally heard that she was not speaking in the same way, so he didn't say anything, but pried her fingers apart and closed the door.

After getting in the car, Jessica shut up.

Maurice didn't want to pry her mouth open, so he took her phone directly, unlocked it with her fingerprint, opened the online shopping order, and looked at the delivery address.

However, the second order was a set of sexy lingerie. Maurice's pupils shrank for a moment, then returned to normal. He clicked on the first coat order and memorized the address.

He returned the phone to her and drove.

Jessica only saw the address on the coat order, and didn't expect that there was also sexy lingerie on the order list.

So she just scolded him: "You stole my privacy!"

Maurice reported his SWAT number, "Go and complain to the SWAT captain for being a hooligan."

"..." Jessica was speechless, "Maurice, you have changed."

Maurice nodded calmly.

The girl who had been lost for two years was finally found. It was useless to be gentle and serious as before.

During the drive, Maurice asked her, "Have you found a boyfriend in the past two years?"

Jessica frowned in disgust, "No."

"Who was the man who was pestering you in the square just now?"

"A man."

Maurice asked again, "What about the man in the men's bathroom of the nightclub last time?"

Jessica: "..."

Maurice thought she had too many men and couldn't remember which time. With a heavier breath, he read out the date and time, the detailed location, and Eric's appearance features, and finally analyzed Eric's work: "He should be a doctor or a university professor with mysophobia, the former is more likely. Remember? Who is that man?"

Jessica: "..."

She then remembered that there was a suspect who disguised himself as an old lady and tried to escape the pursuit. When he passed by Maurice, he was discovered and arrested by Maurice.

She was still holding on to luck. Maurice would not recognize her after such a big change.

But Jessica couldn't help asking, "When did you recognize me that day? When I passed by you?"

"Simple. I recognized me by the voice when you were still in the cubicle."

Cubicle... voice...

Jessica blushed, "Just by the voice? That's right, in your kind of work, you can even recognize who's footprints belong to."

Maurice frowned, "It has nothing to do with work."

"Huh?"

"I got hard the moment I heard that, and I was thinking, it was you."

Jessica was thinking, if she was driving and Maurice said this next to her, she would brake suddenly and rear-end the car.

However, Maurice was able to drive at a constant speed as if nothing had happened, and he looked like a gangster.

If it was any other man, Jessica would have flirted with him on the spot.

But this was Maurice, she didn't dare to say a word, and she was like an ostrich the whole time.