Chapter 41:Two days of relaxation

Maurice was thinking, what is the chance that saying "wrong door" will drive away this man holding red roses and cake.

Finally, Jessica came and let Ansel in.

Lucas was also very puzzled when he saw the flowers and cake, after all, there was nothing worth celebrating today, but when he saw Jessica happily placing the rose branch in a vase and eating cream cake with red wine, Lucas understood it again.

The aroma of desserts and roses swept away Jessica's haze.

When she was cleaning up the dishes, she saw Maurice sleeping on the sofa with his arms crossed.

Yes, he waited for her all night and was busy for most of the day.

Jessica found a thin blanket to cover him.

Lucas: "It's time to move to a new house. We need at least three bedrooms."

After Ansel knew Maurice's identity, his jealousy had passed and he had come to his senses. He just said, "Leave one for me."

Jessica ignored them. She didn't want to be with them for a long time. After all, they were in different places, and they were both of marriageable age and could have girlfriends at any time.

It was too complicated to be with several men for a long time at the same time. She didn't have the confidence to control her emotions.

What if she accidentally or unknowingly fell in love with a man, and he found a partner and got married soon after? She might not be able to bear such a one-sided feeling of loss.

...Lucas and Ansel stayed with her for three days before going back.

During these three days, Jessica took them to eat and drink as much as she wanted. Unlike when Lucas was in charge in City A, Jessica and Ansel liked to go to particularly lively restaurants and ordered mostly stimulating food. She was very happy these two days, especially when she went out to drink late at night. Only then did she feel a little alive.

Originally, Ansel also booked a room in the hotel where Lucas stayed, but he ended up getting drunk at Jessica's place every night, so he just went to bed, but didn't go to bed.If Jessica didn't mention it, they wouldn't be in a hurry.

Every time Maurice came over after his shift, he would see Lucas sitting on the sofa, either tipsy or sober, and the other two hugging each other, either lying on the bed or sleeping on the floor.

When Maurice saw it for the first time, he had a dark face and tried to separate the two, but Ansel's hands and feet stuck to them, making it as difficult to deal with as if they were glued. Fortunately, he had practiced to get away.

At that time, Lucas sneered: "Why do you think I don't care about them?"

But Maurice was stubborn and continued to care, until he was almost kissed on the face by Ansel once...

After that, Maurice didn't care...

On the day the two left, it was still Maurice who treated them to a farewell dinner.

Lucas put on his pair of thin-framed glasses again, and he looked like a thousand-year-old fox, gentle as jade. Only when he slightly narrowed his dark eyes could people see a trace of calculating cunning.

In the private room, Jessica was sipping watermelon juice, her long hair on her temples was hooked behind her ears, and her whole white face was very lovely.

Her dark eyes turned back and forth between the three men, and she found that the three men were quite harmonious.

But in fact, they were not very harmonious.

When Jessica didn't know, Lucas talked to Maurice.

It was always inconvenient for him to control her behavior in different cities, so he needed to find someone to watch her, so that she wouldn't run away with men casually, or accidentally provoke men like Ryan.

As for why he found Maurice, the reason was that he didn't fully understand what happened between the two of them two years ago, and felt that Maurice was not a threat, and Jessica was cold to him, unlike Eric, who softened her heart when he slightly frowned.

And Maurice disdained to agree to Lucas - he would also control her without Lucas saying anything.

He invited her to dinner just to get the two men out of here quickly, not to reach a consensus with them.

After dinner, before leaving, Lucas pinched her delicate face.

He always liked to tease her like a child, touching her here and there.

"Take care of yourself, we'll meet again soon, if you get into trouble again, you'll have to handle it by yourself..."

Jessica pushed his big hand away, interrupting his obscene threats, "Go, your assistant has been waiting for you for a long time."

Ansel took the opportunity to hug her, "Don't fucking ignore messages, do you hear me?"

Jessica nodded, watched them get into their respective cars and leave.

Maurice exhaled slowly, and then said to Jessica: "Steven is back today. Do you want to have dinner together tomorrow or meet now?"

"Doesn't his course end the day after tomorrow?"

"Last night, I let him go home on vacation, but he said he found a part-time job and wouldn't come back. I had to tell him that I found you. Today, this kid asked for leave, but the instructor didn't approve it. In the end, he was injured after a lot of trouble and finally got a certificate from the school hospital."

"Is he okay?"

"It's just a sprained ankle. I'm resting at home." Maurice didn't tell Steven that he was having dinner with Jessica today, otherwise he would have come with him even with crutches - how would he explain to this kid about Lucas and Ansel and Jessica's sister?

"...Are young people nowadays so tough?"

"Don't you think about how long you've been running away? He already depends on you."

Jessica touched her nose, "Let's meet tomorrow. If we meet now, we have to go to your house. I'm afraid he'll pester me so much that I can't leave tonight."

"Then sleep over there. Your room is still empty."

Jessica shook her head. She just didn't want to stay overnight at his house. No. She didn't want to remember the night she was at his house, when she ran into other women riding on him downstairs; she trembled and moaned on the sofa, under him, and then he avoided her and stayed out all night.

Maurice said nothing more and sent Jessica home, "Steven and I will pick you up at 11 o'clock tomorrow morning."

Jessica hummed, thanked him, and got out of the car.