Chapter 26

Amelia's POV 

The excitement of our victory still buzzed in my veins as Aiden and I made our way through the hallways, heading towards the evening celebration. The university had planned a party for the winners to treat their classmates, and I couldn't help but feel a mix of anticipation and joy about what lay ahead.

As we walked, I paused and turned to Aiden. "You were going to tell me something before the competition," I said, my voice steady but laced with curiosity. "You said you'd tell me after the competition."

Aiden smirked, a familiar glint of mischief in his eyes. "You would have known already if you didn't try to destroy the competition beforehand," he replied, his tone teasing but with an edge of seriousness.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "You can't keep holding that over my head forever."

"Watch me," he said with a playful grin.

"Seriously, Aiden. What was it?" I pressed, my curiosity getting the better of me.

Aiden smirked again a familiar glint of mischief in his eyes. "I will tell you, but before that, we need to fix something."

"Fix what?" I asked, puzzled.

"Let's cover things up. I mean, whatever happened in the past," Aiden replied.

"What past?" I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Oh, the one you always drag between us. You know, that trying to provoke you stuff," he said, his tone still playful but with a hint of seriousness.

I rolled my eyes. "As if that can be fixed."

"Yes, it can," he insisted. "You tell me what I have to do. I will do anything to clear my doings."

I raised an eyebrow, skeptical. "Well, that's fishy of you. How come you're being so polite, plus willing to do anything to just clear things up? And why do you even need that?"

"We'll discuss that later, but first answer my question," he said, his gaze unwavering.

I sighed, contemplating his offer. "Uh-huh, so you really want to clear things up. Okay, Aiden, remember that day when you made me say sorry? Ask for forgiveness in front of the whole cafeteria, all the students, plus on my knees?"

He nodded, a shadow of guilt passing over his face or maybe I imagined it as Aiden is unknown to guilt.

"So, I will forget everything and start anew if and only if you go to your knees and say sorry  in today's party, in front of everyone," I said, crossing my arms and meeting his eyes with a challenging look.

Aiden stared at me, his expression unreadable for a moment. Then, without a word, he nodded. "Fine," he said, his voice steady. "If that's what it takes."

I was taken aback by his immediate agreement. "Really?"

"Really," he affirmed. "I said I'd do anything, and I meant it."

Seeing Aiden agree so easily, I narrow my eyes and look at him suspiciously. "I know you are planning something. Just tell me already," I say, trying to drop the act.

"And why are you not believing me?" Aiden counters. "I never remember lying to you or anything."

"Well, Aiden, why would you go on your knees in front of every single person, just because I said so?" I challenge.

Aiden steps forward, closing the distance between us until we're mere inches apart. He leans down, his face level with mine, and his gaze intense. "Well, Amelia," he says, his voice low and unwavering, "we have been together for a while now, and it feels like you don't know me much."