Chapter 35

Amelia's POV

I stomped my hand on the desk, frustration boiling over. "That's enough!" I told myself mentally. The room felt suffocating, all eyes on me.

I stood up, excused myself to the professor, and left the bouquet on the desk. The crumpled note was still in my hand as I stormed out of the room.

Pulling out my phone, I dialed Aiden's number. He was about to pick up when I cut the call and instead sent him a text: "Meet me at the backside of the football field. Now."

I walked briskly to the field, my heart pounding. It was now or never. I had to end this.

When I reached the backside of the field, I paced back and forth, waiting for Aiden. My mind raced with thoughts of what I would say. This had gone too far, and I needed to make it clear that I couldn't be manipulated or intimidated any longer.

After a few tense minutes, I saw Aiden approaching. His usual confident stride seemed a bit slower, perhaps sensing my resolve.

"What's this about?" he asked, his tone casual but with an edge of curiosity. "Don't tell you have decided we will go out on a date right now." He mocked.

"Not funny, try again Aiden," I said, my voice steady but filled with determination. "This needs to stop. Now."

He raised an eyebrow. "What exactly do you mean?"

I took a deep breath. "All of this. The bouquets, the unwanted attention, manipulating my family... It ends here. You can't keep doing this to me."

Aiden's expression hardened. "I've told you, Amelia, I won't stop until you love me back."

I shook my head. "Love isn't something you can force, Aiden. And your actions are only pushing me further away. This obsession of yours is unhealthy and it's hurting everyone around us."

He took a step closer, his eyes narrowing. "How am I forcing you exactly? I'm being a gentleman even if it's against my personality. I'm doing everything you will like. You think you can just walk away from this? From me?"

"Things don't work like this and you should understand," I replied firmly. "I'm done with your games. You need to leave me and my family alone."

Aiden looked at me for a moment, his face a mixture of anger and something else - maybe hurt. "You don't understand, Amelia. I can't just stop. You think I love chasing a girl around who's trying her best to run away. I didn't just wake up one day and thought that yes now I would chase Amelia and be in love with her. You told me that love is not an emotion we have control over while on the other hand you keep telling me to stop loving you. How unfair! "

"Then you need to find a way to," I said, standing my ground. "Because if you don't, I'll make sure everyone knows what you've been doing. This isn't love, Aiden. It's control. And I won't be a part of it anymore."

He stared at me, his jaw clenched. "You think you can scare me with threats?"

"I'm not threatening you," I said. "I'm telling you the truth. You need to let go. For your sake as much as mine."

For a moment, he looked like he might argue, but then he just shook his head and turned away. "This isn't over, Amelia."

"Yes, it is," I called after him. "It's over."

I watched as he walked away, feeling a mix of relief and lingering fear. This confrontation might not be the end, but it was a start. A start of standing up for myself and reclaiming my life.

With a deep breath, I headed back to the building, ready to face whatever came next.

........................................