Chapter 69: A Night To Remember

Rebecca's POV (1st Person):

I couldn't stop smiling. The entire way home, my mind replayed the night over and over again. Lane's words, his touch, his lips on mine—it was all so surreal. The way he held me close, the way his breath felt against my skin. I could still feel the warmth of his body, the firmness of his grip on my waist.

My heart fluttered just thinking about it. How could one kiss have such a profound effect on me? I felt like I was floating, my feet barely touching the ground. Every detail was etched into my mind—the softness of his lips, the intensity of his gaze, the way he made me feel so desired and cared for.

When I finally reached home, I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself. I didn't want my parents to see me like this—giddy and lovestruck. But it was hard to wipe the smile off my face. I opened the door, stepping into the familiar chaos of my house. My siblings were running around, my parents were talking in the kitchen. I slipped inside quietly, hoping to make it to my room without attracting any attention.

"Rebecca, is that you?" my mom called out from the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's me," I replied, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Come here for a second," she said.

I sighed, walking into the kitchen. My mom was at the stove, stirring a pot of something that smelled delicious. My dad was at the table, reading the newspaper.

"How was the party?" my mom asked, glancing up at me.

"It was fine," I said, shrugging. "Just a regular party."

My mom narrowed her eyes, studying my face. "You look different. Happier."

"Do I?" I asked, trying to sound casual. "Maybe I just had a good time."

My dad looked up from his newspaper, his gaze sharp. "You sure everything's okay?"

I nodded, feeling a bit nervous under his scrutiny. "Yeah, everything's fine."

They both seemed to accept my answer, but I could tell they weren't completely convinced. I excused myself, heading up to my room. I needed some time alone to process everything.

Once I was in my room, I closed the door behind me, leaning against it with a sigh. I closed my eyes, letting the memories wash over me again. The way Lane had looked at me, the way he had kissed me—it was all so overwhelming. I could still feel the heat of his body, the way his hands had roamed my back. I shivered, a smile spreading across my face.

I moved to my bed, lying down and staring at the ceiling. I replayed the night in my mind, every detail making my heart race. I touched my lips, remembering the softness of his kiss, the way he had made me feel. I couldn't believe it had actually happened. Lane Montgomery had kissed me. And it wasn't just a kiss—it was passionate, filled with longing and desire.

I giggled to myself, feeling like a lovesick teenager. Which, I suppose, I was. But this was different. This was real. Lane had kissed me, and it wasn't a dream. I could still feel the tingling sensation on my lips, the way his hands had held me so securely.

I turned over, burying my face in my pillow. How was I going to face him at school? How was I going to act normal around him? Just thinking about it made my cheeks burn. I sighed, knowing I had to figure it out. But for now, I just wanted to bask in the memory of that kiss.

The night had been perfect, and I didn't want to let it go. I closed my eyes, letting the memories wash over me again. I could still feel his touch, his kiss. It was all so real, so intense. I smiled to myself, knowing that this was just the beginning. There would be more moments like this, more kisses, more stolen glances. And I couldn't wait for every single one of them.