Chapter 70: Teasing The Edge

Lane Montgomery's POV (1st Person):

I leaned back in my chair, grading papers and pretending to be absorbed in the task. But my mind was elsewhere, replaying the moment in the classroom with Rebecca over and over again. The way she reacted to my touch, the way she wanted more, it was intoxicating.

The bell rang, signalling the end of the school day. Students filed out of the classroom, chatting and laughing, oblivious to the turmoil in my mind. I gathered my things, locking up the classroom before heading to my car. I needed to clear my head, and a drive always helped.

As I drove through the city, my thoughts kept drifting back to Rebecca. She was like a force of nature, drawing me in and making it impossible to think about anything else. The memory of her soft skin under my fingertips, the way she trembled at my touch, it was all too vivid.

I pulled up to my house, feeling a mixture of anticipation and frustration. I needed to see her again, to feel that electricity between us. But I also needed to be careful. This was a delicate balance, and one wrong move could ruin everything.

I parked the car and headed inside, the familiar comfort of home doing little to ease my restless mind. Buddy, my golden retriever, greeted me at the door, his tail wagging furiously.

"Hey, Buddy," I said, scratching behind his ears. "Good to see you too."

I grabbed a drink from the fridge and made my way to the living room, flopping down on the couch. Buddy jumped up beside me, resting his head on my lap. I absentmindedly petted him, my mind still on Rebecca.

The memory of her note flashed in my mind, and I couldn't help but smile. Stop squeezing your thighs together. It was meant to tease her, to remind her to focus, but it had backfired in the most delicious way. I loved seeing her flustered, watching her struggle to maintain her composure.

I took a sip of my drink, savoring the warmth that spread through me. This was a dangerous game we were playing, but I couldn't stop myself. I wanted her, and I wanted her to want me just as much.

Just as I was contemplating my next move, the doorbell rang. Buddy perked up, his tail wagging furiously. I frowned, not expecting anyone. Setting my drink down, I headed to the door and opened it to find Karen standing there, looking as glamorous and put-together as ever.

"Karen," I said, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

She flashed me a bright smile. "I was in the neighborhood and thought I'd stop by. Are you busy?"

I hesitated, glancing back at the living room where my phone was sitting, waiting for Rebecca's response. "I was just relaxing. Come on in."

Karen stepped inside, her eyes scanning the room. "Nice place, Lane. Very cozy."

"Thanks," I said, trying to keep my tone casual. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"A glass of wine would be lovely," she replied, settling onto the couch.

I headed to the kitchen, feeling a bit uneasy. Karen and I had dated briefly a while back, but it hadn't worked out. Still, she had a way of showing up unexpectedly, always keeping me on my toes.

I carried the wine back to the living room and handed Karen a glass. She took a sip, her eyes never leaving mine. "So, how have you been, Lane?"

"Good," I said, trying to keep the conversation light. "Busy with work, you know how it is."

She nodded, her gaze thoughtful. "I heard about that little incident at the party. You and a student, was it? Rebecca, right?"

My heart raced, but I forced a calm smile. "It was just a misunderstanding. Nothing to worry about."