New Beginnings

Has anybody told you lately
You on your shit girl and I salute that.
Has anybody told you lately that you a good one on the right track.
Has anybody told you lately when it comes down to that business you bout' that.
K. Camp~ Lately
__________________

"Journey Simmons" The auditorium applauded as Mr.Lenny called my name. I proudly got up touching hands with some of my classmates and walked up the stairs.

I felt good and I was now officially a high school graduate. I walked on the stage and took my diploma smiling at my grandparents, my sister nicki, and my boyfriend Dion. The four I could thank for making it so far.

When the ceremony was over I walked over to my family and was smothered with hugs and kisses. Mostly from my over emotional grandma.

"My baby finally graduated." She said as she hugged me for the thousandth time.

"Nana stop" I said laughing and smoothing out my freshly curled hair. She was definitely overdramatic but I let her be. Especially since her oldest grandchild was graduating.

"I'm sorry Journey Im just happy that you pulled through not many people in this part of LA make it this far and you deserve it baby girl."

"Well I did so stop crying nana"

I felt big hands covering my eyes. I smiled instantly knowing who it was. I turned around looking at my boyfriend Dion who had flowers in his hands I instantly leaped into his strong arms.

"Congratulations baby." He whispered in my ear causing me to smile.

"Thanks pooh."

Dion was a Junior in college and we'd been dating a little over a year. He was sweet, handsome, and smart but because he's a "big deal" so he says when it came to Football the girls automatically flock and I hated feeling like I had to share. We've had some problems with him being faithful and trustworthy but other than that over all I loved everything about him.

"We're going out to celebrate you coming?"

"Nah baby coach called us in to train for a few hours." I frowned and let go of his hand.

Dion was the star quarterback at UCLA but lately football has been taking up a lot of his time. One time I called his coach to ask him where Dion was since he wasn't answering my calls and he told me they didn't even have practice. That's when I found out about him cheating so I was always on edge when it came to his career.

"I'll come by later." He whispered in my ear making me roll my eyes. I was upset of course. I graduated today and it would've been nice to have him with me but I guess that came with having him. It was worth it I guess.

"Yea whatever" I sighed signaling for my family to come so we can leave.
***
"That was nice thanks yall." I said coming into the house after dinner.

"No problem baby goodnight." My grandpa said kissing my forhead.

"Goodnight papa." I said smiling before turning around and going to my room.

I plopped down on my queen sized bed in my room and turned on my phone and was quickly disappointed when I had no texts or miss calls from Dion but for some reason I didn't even trip. It was sad to say I was used to it which was ridiculous. I quickly dialed my bestfriend Erica's number seeing she had called me. It rung twice before she answered.

"Hey boo Congrats." She cooed into the phone.

"I tried calling you this morning but it went straight to voicemail."

"Yea I left it home but thanks Ri."

Erica would've been a senior like me but got pregnant our sophomore year. Her baby daddy wasn't helpful at all and her mom kicked her out on her ass. She dropped out of school this year and started stripping. Unlike everyone else I didn't judge her because she had to do what she had to do.

"You wanna go to the beach tomorrow me and tony are going." She said referring to her two year old son.

"Yea me and Nicki will go we don't have nothing else to do."

"Are you gonna bring your man girl cause you know he don't let you have a life. Better yet is he even gonna let you go?" She asked sarcastically and I sighed.

Erica was not a big fan of Dion after he cheated on me about 4 months ago so she hates him. I honestly don't blame her Im Her bestfriend and he treated me horribly for a while. He's changed now for the better yet still she thinks otherwise.

"Girl he ain't my damn daddy I'll be there."she laughed

"Ok bye JoJo love you"

"Love you too bye" I said hanging up the phone.

I got out a sports bra and some boy shorts and went to take a shower so I could call it a night.

***
I was awakened by my phone ringing. I saw it was Dion and I sighed. I looked at the clock and it was past midnight.

"What Dion"

"Open the damn window girl." I looked over and sure enough he was outside of my window. I knew he was tired and it was hot as hell outside seeming as It was the beginning of June.

I purposely walked slow to the window and pretended to fumble with the lock.

"Open the damn window Jo." I rolled my eyes and let him in.

I went to my bed and quickly grabbed all the sheets wrapping them around myself not really in the mood for him to come and lay with me. Yes I was being petty but hey.

"Really Jo"

"As a Heart attack Dion"

"Come here girl." He said pulling me to him.

He pulled me to his chest and inhaled my hair.

"I love you baby." I smiled slightly but stayed quit. I couldn't help it.

"So you not gonna say it back? "

"Love you too" He chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"I know you do."

"Great now get off of me." He took a deep breath and ran his hand through his golden hair.

"Look I'm sorry Jo but everything I do I do it for a reason."

"I get it alright Dion but damn that shit takes up all your time it feels like I'm in a relationship by myself sometimes." I said rolling my eyes.

He pulled me to him again.

"One day this is gonna benefit both of us...And our kids."he said lowly I smiled.

"Our kids?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"You want me to have your babies?"

"Of course. I want you Jo now, tomorrow and the day after that alright? I'm in it for the long run. "

"I hear you." I said looking down.

He grabbed my chin making me look up at him.

"Good now gimme a kiss." he said spreading my legs and crawling in between them making me laugh.

"Wait lock the door."
***
This is my first book on wattpad and I wrote it when I was young so excuse the mistakes.