Liquid Courage

I can't make you love me if you don't.
And you can't make your heart feel something it won't.
Here in the dark and these final hours
I will lay down my heart and feel the power if you want. Tank~Can't make you love me
___________________

"That's all" I said to the cashier who was ringing up my items.

Blake and I were now in the mall trying to figure out what we wanted to wear to the party. We had recieved our cars this morning that the agency had brought us so it was easier to move around and go placed.

"You ready to see your man?" I said side eyeing her.

"Cole is not my man but yeah I'm excited to see him."

Marcus and Cole had stayed the night at our house last night after we came from our meeting. Even though we hadn't known them for long we already loved their company.

Although Cole and Blake had done the deed last night me and Marcus just cuddled and watched movies. I wouldn't say we're dating of course but we're friendly.

We were walking in the food court with the food we had just gotten when I spotted Javon and a pretty brownskinned girl sitting at a table by the one Blake had claimed .I instantly rolled my eyes don't ask me why.

Me and Blake were in the middle of talking about who was finer FettyWap or Trey Songz she of course thought Fetty was ugly but he was fine to me. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked up and saw Javon.

"Hey" I said looking between him and the girl who was looking at me funny.

"Wassup Nene and..."

"Blake" she said smiling

"Yea...Um Nene let me get at you for a sec."

"Alright, Blake I'll be back." I turned to walk away with Javon with the girl right in my tail.

"Andrea stay with Blake I'll be back."

"Oh alright." she said slightly rolling her eyes

We walked to a table outta earshot and sat down.

"So wassup."

"Ion know you tell me."

"So when you gonna tell me why you left Journey?"

"That's the thing I'm not gonna so the point of this is."

"I see you still got that slick mouth on you."

"I see your still annoying." I said slightly aggravated

"I was worried man. I mean I cared about you ...I loved you and you just up and left so tell me wassup." I couldn't help the feeling I got when he said lovED and carED.

"So you don't feel none of the no more Javon? You said all that as in past tense."

I won't lie yes I still had feelings for Javon. I loved him since I was a kid and I loved him now so I couldn't help but demand answers.

He looked down.

"I'm with Andrea Nene."

And there it was the feeling of not being good enough that I always got from him. No matter how much I made it know that I wanted him he always seemed to chose someone over me and I hated it. This was the Man who fought boys for me when we we're little. Who let me sleep in his bed when I told him I had a nightmare when really my mom had a panic attack on the bathroom floor. After all he's done for me how could I not love him? Yet here we were almost 7 years later and again he's showing me that he doesn't feel the same.