For Myself

"So we're gonna get you a flight to Atlanta where you'll be staying for 6 months unless you decide to make it a permanent stay"

I was on the phone with the modeling agency and after the woman did a three way call with Ronnie to confirm that I knew her I was all set. I was going to fly to Atlanta in 2 days and in 4 days I would be signing a contract to the agency. Everything was set but I couldn't help but to feel guilty that I was about to leave everyone in such short notice.

"We're gonna set you up in a condo with one of the other models okay?" I nodded as if she could see me.

"Okay that's fine."

After being on the phone for about another 15 minutes everything was set.

I tossed my phone on my bed and got up to take a shower. I started to think that maybe calling the number was a good idea.

I smiled to myself.

About 30 minutes later I got out and prepared for bed. I seen my phone flash indicating I had a message. I smiled when I seen it was from Dion.
It read

Hey Jo I know we just got back together a few months ago but Im really not feeling it. Me being a football player takes up most of my time and I don't want that to hurt you or me. Your beautiful and you deserve to be with someone who can dedicate his time to you and I'm not that. There are many women that comes along with the career I chose and honestly I give into temptation. I loved you but all good things end. See you around

My jaw dropped as I read the message. Its funny how he could be sweet by still being a asshole. He said I'm beautiful and how I deserved a good man yet basically said he was cheating on me and I hated him for that being able to do that. I instantly called him but was sent to his lame ass voicemail. Who the hell still has an answering machine. I took a deep breath and laid down quickly wiping a tear that had escaped I tossed and turned before finally going to sleep.
***
"Good morning Nana." I said walking into the kitchen the next morning. I probably looked a mess but I had to talk to her.

"Hey baby what's going on? "She said flipping a pancake on the stove. I almost forgot what I was gonna say feeling my stomach growl a bit. I sat in the chair and looked at her. She looked back at me scrunching up her face.

"You look horrible girl what's wrong with you." I cut my eyes at her before putting my elbow on the table then placing my head in my head.

"Are you done or are you finished?"

"Girl say what you gotta say don't mind me."

"Well I have have great news."

"What is it?" She said squinting her eyes in suspicion and a chuckled nervously.

Ever since I was little I was a grandma's girl until she moved to Cali and now since she was basically my mother it was worse.

"I got a job." I said staring at any and everything but her. And she placed her spatula down I the counter and smiled.

"Well that's great about damn time." I laughed.

"I was waiting for this day to come. What is it?"

"It's modeling Nana." She frowned and looked at me.

"And by modeling you mean...stripping." My eyes got wide.

"Grandm-"

"I'll be damn if any child of mine will be busting it open for any...what y'all young people call em? 'Real niggas'."

"Nana no- I'm not stripping by modeling I mean well modeling." She looked at me for a while and when she figured I was being honest she sighed in relief. She was so overdramatic.

"Well that's great baby." She chuckled

"Well the thing is it's in Atlanta and I'm gonna have to be there for a while even if I don't want to stay permanently." She walked over to me and hugged me.

"Look Jo your grown now and your old enough to make your own decisions as long as your sure what you want."

"It is Nana."

"Well I wish you the best of luck. Now go wake up your sister and come eat."

***

"Tony come here." I laughed as I played in the water with Erica's son.

Since we were not able to go yesterday we decided on going today and even though I would rather lay in my bed eating ice cream and moping over Dion I knew she needed this.

I looked over and yet again she was in her phone.

"What are you doing that's more important than paying me, Tony and Nicki attention."

When she heard me she snapped her head up from her phone causing me to roll my eyes.

"Am I the only one who comes to the beach not to sit on my ass and look cute?"

"Jo chill and go build a sand castle with Tony." Nicki said waving me off.

"Right Nicki why she gotta come over her bugging girl chill and let me stalk my man."

"And may I ask who that is?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"This fine as man who followed me on IG he fine girl and you probably know him since he love in Atlanta. You know everybody down there know each other." I put my hand up not wanting to hear anymore.

"I don't even wanna know. Ima take tony to the board walk though." She nodded and I grabbed Tony's hand and we began walking.
***

"Which one you want T " I said holding him so he can see the different flavors.

"That...that." he said pointing to the one he wanted and I waited for the man to make them.

Tony was only 2 but he was extremely smart even though he could only say a few sentences. I enjoyed spending time with him because other than Erica's sister he had no family and I was more than happy to fill that spot.

We got our ice cream and took a seat in one of the shaded areas.

"Journey is it?" Someone said causing me to look up. I saw Ronnie.

"Oh hey girl what you doing here."

"A little family gathering nun big." she said smiling looking at Tony.

"Is this your son? " my eyes widened as I smiled.

"No my nephew"

"Oh ok. Well are you excited to start working I know this is something new for you."

"Yeah I guess I'm just ready to work and try something new."

"Well I'm glad your ready I'll see you later okay? "

"No problem bye sweetie." I said picking up tony and walking back to the water.
***

"Hurry up JoJo your gonna miss your flight." My grandma stressed as I dragged my suitcases behind me.

"Okay Nana can you help me with some of this stuff." She nodded and grabbed two of my rolling suitcases.

It took us about 5 minutes to get out all of my things. Since everyone was working but Nana she was the one to take me to the airport everyone else said goodbye this morning.

"Ok baby come give a hug."

"I'm gonna miss you NaNa but this is going to do us all some good."

"Yea I won't have your greedy ass in the house eating everything. I was happy you was finally leaving but now I'm kinda sad." She pouted and I straight faced her.

"I'm just playing but I love you sweetheart and behave yourself."

"I will grandma and I love you more." I said as I walked on to my flight.

I loaded my luggage and took a deep breath as I sat in my First Class seat. I took a deep breath this was gonna be a long ride.