Harry

Night falls over the vampire estate as Harry sits on one of the old walls and stares into the darkness

Night falls over the vampire estate as Harry sits on one of the old walls and stares into the darkness. His thoughts are burdened with a heavy grey cloak and his heart beats in rhythm with the melancholy inside himself.

Louis, who Harry believes once carried the stars in his eyes, has caused a rift in their already fragile bond and it tears Harry's soul apart. The words and actions that caused the breach of trust find no peace in his mind and heart. Harry sighs deeply and his heart feels as heavy and dark as the night he sits in.

He had given confidence in his love for Louis, but the foundation was shattered at that moment when the shadows of disappointment over Louis' behaviour appeared - once again. Harry can no longer believe in the sincerity of words or gestures and the hope that even something was honestly meant by him is destroyed. With the corners of his mouth turned downwards sadly, he must look as if this shadow of sadness also falls over his face.

The silence between them throughout the day weighed like lead - still does - and Harry feels alone, even in the midst of his vampire clan. His heart longs for Louis' love to be returned, but it remains unattainable. And to be honest - the inability to share these feelings cuts deeper than an ancient sword.

Yesterday, immediately after the incident, Harry made a painful decision. In the silence of the night, while he was already sitting on the old walls, he decided to leave Louis alone. He would keep his distance and focus on the other vampires, observing their lives and stories without drawing himself further into the vortex of broken connections.

It is as if Harry's heart beats in unison with the darkness and he creeps through the night like a shadow of sadness until he finally returns to his rooms. Although the tender love for Louis still resides within him, he accepts the painful truth and decides to protect his own heart, even if it's breaking him.

When he sees Ben sitting on his bed and smiling at him as he enters, he stops for a moment and then slowly walks towards him.

As Harry stops in front of him, he runs a hand through his hair and Ben leans more into the touch.

"Is your offer still standing from back then?" Harry whispers and it's answer enough as Ben leans his head against his stomach.

"Just for tonight. Let me forget for a moment. But only... only if it's okay with you. I don't want to hurt you," Harry continues quietly and Ben's head falls back, looking up at him.

"I've come to terms with the fact that you don't feel love for me for a long time, Harry. But if I can spend just one night with you, then it's enough for me," Ben replies quietly, taking Harry's hand and pulling him onto the bed next to him.

The atmosphere is electric as Ben gently glides his hand over Harry's skin. But in this intimate moment, Harry's thoughts take on a life of their own. Getting lost in images of someone else's blue eyes, someone he desires in a different way. Ben's warm brown eyes are suddenly so terribly wrong and Harry just really wants to forget.