Louis

Fuck

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Instead of making it easier for Harry and his clan by disappearing he made everything worse with his actions. Running back home with Niall and Harry was something he hadn't planned on doing. He wanted to just disappear, to die there without anyone knowing.

But of fucking course Harry has to play the hero once again, seemingly his favourite role, and with that destroyed his final plan. Louis honestly doesn't know what else to do. Of course, he could just try to set himself on fire numerous times until Harry isn't fast enough but that's too pathetic, even for him.

When they arrive at the house everyone is called into the living room and Louis would love to just sink into a hole in the ground at the looks he's getting. He tries to avoid everyone's gaze when Harry explains the situation and to his surprise announces that he'll leave and that the other vampires should bring him back to die there to avoid war.

What the fuck? If they would be alone he would scream at Harry. So it was all for nothing? He came and collected him just to send him back? So that Louis has to make this decision again with so many hours to think about it? That's downright cruel and even if he obviously hurt Harry and drove him crazy Louis doesn't deserve that kind of cruelty.

Twisted and overwhelmed he looks up at Harry and when he looks back at him, sadness in his eyes, Louis realises that he just destroyed his only shot at happiness he's ever had. Harry was the only one willing to fight for him and he has thrown it away without noticing, too caught up in his own misery. What if Harry really could have been the solution?

Harry comes to a brief halt in front of him, raises his fingers to run them over Louis' lips and says the last words he's willing to give Louis, "Farewell bellezza. I hope you find the peace that your life and I couldn't give you. Tu hai il mio cuore tra le tue mani."

He doesn't understand what he says, but his voice alone tells him just how much he broke Harry. Before Louis can say anything, before he can apologise or say his own farewell he is gone and Louis stands in a room full of vampires. It's crowded but still, Louis has never felt that lonely.

Without talking to or even looking at anyone Louis runs outside to Cookie's barn, sensing its heartbeat there. And sure enough there she is, looking at him when he sits down next to her in her barn. Thankfully Niall insisted on building a huge thing so that there's more than enough space and Louis doesn't plan to leave his place here anytime soon.

⍣꙳⋆☾⋆꙳⍣

It's been three days without anyone disturbing Louis. He only left his place next to Cookie to get food for her.

The rest of the time Louis just sits there and suffers, his bunny his only joy and distraction from his dark thoughts.

His hope that Harry will come back before the week is over vanishes away with every passing hour and Louis knows he has to see that he ruined everything for real this time.