Harry

The silence of the night envelops both of them as they lie next to each other in a bed in the dark, the closeness between them an intimate invisible

The silence of the night envelops both of them as they lie next to each other in a bed in the dark, the closeness between them an intimate invisible. Neither of them can get any sleep, even though Louis was visibly tired hours ago. The room pulsates with an unspoken longing that holds both of them captive.

Harry feels Louis' gaze on him, even though the room is shrouded in darkness. His vampiric eyes still recognise the contours of Louis‘ face, and on this night, which is riddled with shadows, Louis' eyes seem like dark blue oceans in which Harry can and wants to lose himself.

There is a hesitant silence between the two of them and, as if on an unspoken command, they both roll onto their sides, facing the other. Their faces are only centimetres apart and Harry can feel Louis‘ warm breath on his skin. In Louis' deep, dark blue eyes, which harbour a glimmer even in the dark, Harry can read a variety of emotions - a mix of desire and insecurity.

"Louis," Harry whispers his name, the words piercing the silence of the night. In that moment, just that one word seems to build a bridge between them, and their gazes merge in intense eye contact. The darkness may hide the environment around them, but in Louis' eyes, Harry finds the light of a deeper connection that fills him.

“What’s wrong Haz?” Louis asks back quietly.

“I could ask you the same thing. Don’t you finally want to sleep bellezza?”

"Can't, somehow everything feels so more intimate between us and I can't find peace," Louis murmurs and a small yawn escapes his mouth, hiding it behind his hand and Harry, as so often, is simply delighted by it.

“Mhm… I know what you mean. And I have something else on my mind that I would like to tell you," Harry whispers.

"Tell me, Harry," Louis breathes.

“I would like to apologise to you again. I'm sorry for the many times I imposed my will on you. I know it wasn't right. It wasn't my right to save you or have your necklace enchanted so you can never take it off again. Or the many other times when I came to your rescue. Please forgive me for not granting you death. But I'm not sorry why I did it. I felt from the beginning that you were more to me, you attracted me even though you were lying there almost lifeless. That's how strong this connection is and I wonder if you feel it even a fraction," Harry says, watching Louis' face soften with every word he says.

And yet he wouldn't have expected it when Louis' hand rises and he carefully and tenderly strokes his long strands from his face in a way he never would have thought possible, carefully running his fingers through the curls again and again. The touch feels so beautiful that Harry has to close his eyes for a moment and just enjoy receiving this tenderness from the man he loves.

“Thank you for your apology. I think it was important to hear that,” Louis sighs. “I want to apologise to you too. Especially for my attack on you with the stake. Actually, I already regretted it at that moment... and yes, I feel it. Fuck, and I... I can't believe I'm saying this, but I believe that you can really make me see the good. I trust you in a weird way and that's something, um, I've never actually done. You know, actually, I never really learned to love, what it means to trust someone, because... because if you never experience it yourself, don't grow up with it, how are you supposed to know how to do it?"