Harry

Harry really tries to have all the patience and understanding he can for Louis

Harry really tries to have all the patience and understanding he can for Louis. Not to get out of his own skin and rather to see the sparkle in Louis‘ eyes like on the mountain. Harry isn't stupid, even if Louis might think so, he knows now that he was just pretending to give this life a chance. His niceness was just a cover to completely deceive Harry.

It hurts that his trust was betrayed like that. Deeply hurt, sad about the new suicide attempt and angry, he prefers to remain silent before causing another argument. He simply no longer feels emotionally capable of doing so after the last few days.

Instead, he grabs Louis' upper arm and just nods his head outwards.

"Let's go home!”

And with that he pulls Louis behind him, who actually doesn't resist and both are already back in the old villa a few minutes later and on the top floor.

"Go take a shower. That stuff needs to get off your body,” Harry says blankly, leading Louis to the bathroom.

"Harry... I—"

“I don't want to hear anything. No matter what you have to say. I... No, just no!" Harry shakes his head and carefully pushes Louis into the bathroom and closes the door behind him.

He stares at the door for a moment and listens, breathing in and out deeply and hoping that it relaxes him, an old habit from his lifetime, of course he no longer needs to breathe as a vampire.

When he hears the shower jet starting to run, he finally steps away from the door and for ages he feels like he needs his comfort clothes.

Taking advantage of Louis' absence, he takes his leather pants off his legs and his boots off his feet, the shirt flies away from him shortly afterwards and instead of the black clothes that were just adorning his body, he takes out of the depths of his closet a light pink sweater knitted from the finest wool and dark mint green sweatpants. He bought the pants a few years ago on the anniversary of her death because it reminded him of the colour of her eyes and he particularly missed her that day. The sweater was knitted by herself, it was far too big on her so that she sank into it and yet it was her favourite piece. And Harry took it with him as a souvenir of her back then after her death and now finds refuge in the feeling it gives him. As if she was with him again, hugging him, he can almost hear her whispered words that everything would be okay.

Harry closes his eyes, remembering every detail of her even if she has faded after so many years without her. But the feeling he has, when he thinks of her, never goes away. Friendship and warmth, exactly what he needs right now.

Deeply lost in his memories, he doesn't notice how Louis suddenly appears in the room with him.

"Harry? What are you wearing?” Louis asks quietly and looks at him as if he has an apparition.

“Don’t you dare joke about it. Please, just once, hold your opinion,” Harry asks quietly.

“Okay,” Louis nods, looking below him. Only then does Harry notice that he is standing there wearing only a towel around his waist.