Harry

Harry hasn't yet fully realised that Louis is suddenly standing in front of him and now he's saying this to him in the sweetest bad Italian he's ever heard? Doubts dance deep in his heart as he hears the words of affection

Harry hasn't yet fully realised that Louis is suddenly standing in front of him and now he's saying this to him in the sweetest bad Italian he's ever heard? Doubts dance deep in his heart as he hears the words of affection. The scars of past disappointments hurt, and although Harry’s heart longs to open, he fights against the fears that envelop him.

“No bellezza, that’s where you’re wrong. Your life doesn't belong to me. It's yours alone. You will never be happy if you only live it for my sake. So Louis, do you want to live? Is there something keeping you here?” Harry asks, piercing Louis with his gaze, trying to read something in his eyes or his face. Answers, honest answers, that speak from his heart and soul.

"Why can't you just answer my question, Harry?" Louis asks, clearly frustrated with what Harry just said.

“Because I gave you everything. I'm empty Louis. If you want to live, then of course I have your back. As a friend. As a leader. I can't give you any more after all the disappointments if that's what you want to know," Harry sighs.

“Harry… Haz… can I call you that? Please I… I’m so sorry, okay? I… I need you,” Louis stammers and looks at him so desperately that Harry is becoming far too soft for him again. He knows he shouldn't give in so easily. Just alone for self-protection.

"I am here. If you need me… I’m right here,” Harry whispers.

“Please… fuck, this is so hard… Please give me another chance. Show me how beautiful life is. But I can only see it with you by my side. Can I... can I have a hug? I'm so emotionally exhausted," Louis asks meekly, his bottom lip wobbling.

"Come here," Harry whispers, holding out his arms for him. And Louis falls right into them, sobbing, trusting Harry to hold him up as he collapses a little, pressed close to Harry and protected in his strong arms.

In that tender moment, when their bodies finally touch, he feels the weight of their past arguments disappear. The embrace is a silent compromise, a promise woven through forgiveness. Despite knowing that forgiveness isn't always easy, he feels his heart slowly breaking down the walls of disappointment.

It's a start. Their beginning. And perhaps at this moment Harry will begin their first chapter together. In any case, a new chapter in Louis' book of life, the pages of which may soon contain the most beautiful lines. If Louis doesn't die at the hands of Dante. Harry feels sick just thinking about it but he doesn't want to ponder about it now. But to stand in this embrace with Louis for ages and enjoy the first almost tender touch between them.

"Please forgive me, Harry," Louis whispers, face pressed into Harry’s chest, where he feels the tears wetting the bare skin where his blouse is unbuttoned.

Harry rests his chin on the head of the smaller form in his arms and closes his eyes.

In the arms of the man he loves, wrapped tightly around his middle, Harry feels a wave of warmth rushing through his body. The scent of Louis - a mix of familiarity from the few days they've only known each other and a touch of honesty - fills his senses. It's as if all the insecurities of the argument fade in their embrace. The gentle breathing of his loved one becomes a melody of reconciliation that touches Harry deep in his soul.