CH 14 - NIGHTMARE

The fever tormented Phuwin until it was past three in the morning, and he was having nightmares. At first, it took Pond a few seconds to realize Phuwin's true condition. He was really crying, his hands were clutching his shirt and sobbing.

"Phuwin, what's wrong?"

Pond's soft voice rang out, he gently touched his arm, wanting to call him out of that nightmare.

"Don't...don't..."

Phuwin stirred, the towel placed on his forehead also fell onto the bed mattress, Phuwin's hair was wet with sweat, he was talking in his sleep but he tried to stop him but he still struggled fiercely.

"Sniff...don't hit..."

"Phuwin"

"Let go... me... Fourth... sob..."

When Pond heard those words, he didn't know what to do but call his name. Phuwin is still haunted by the nightmare. In his dreams, he remembers his lost younger brother who has never been found. Everything keeps haunting Phuwin, making him scream in the nightmare without end.

Phuwin struggled in Pond's arms. He didn't understand what Phuwin said meant, but he still wanted to comfort him. Pond hugged Phuwin and patted his back as if to calm his fear

"Phuwin, shut up, it's okay"

Pond hugged and comforted Phuwin, he sat in his body, and being hugged by him became quieter. Phuwin no longer fussed, his sobs became less, only a few intermittent ones remained. Pond gently placed him back on the bed, afraid that he would cry again, so he stood guard for a while. He stood up, took the towel and brought it into the bathroom to wet it again, then came back and placed it back on his forehead.

Phuwin began to fall into a good sleep again, the moisture from him made him feel more secure. Pond moved his hand from Phuwin's forehead, but he grabbed it tightly and did not let go. Even though he tried to remove it several times, he still held it so tightly. All night long, Pond had to sit next to Phuwin. That night, he also sat and looked at him like that. He saw that Phuwin now had a weakness and suffering, a suffering that no one could touch and no one could share, the fever tormented him, even that nightmare also tormented him.

Pond looked down at his wrist being held tightly, at first he wanted to remove it but had no choice but to do so. That night, Phuwin had two or three more nightmares, and he kept staying up all night to watch. Yet the fact that he hugged him and comforted him became the medicine that helped him calm down. Phuwin did not wake up but still heard someone calling his name, and when that person called his name, he felt secure. Strangely enough, he wanted to rely on him, wanted to hug that warmth, wanted him to pat his back and comfort him. Phuwin slept. When he woke up from the nightmare, it was after five o'clock in the morning. Only then did Phuwin fall into a good sleep.

-----------–--------------------------

The next day, Phuwin woke up with a headache. He frowned, touched his forehead, and saw the towel on his forehead fall off. He suddenly looked around. When he discovered that he must be lying with his head on the bed, he immediately became motionless, and was even more stunned when he saw that he was holding his hand tightly.

Phuwin's head was dizzy, he vaguely remembered what he experienced yesterday. In addition to the long familiar nightmares, Phuwin only vaguely remembered that someone kept calling his name and comforting him all night. Yesterday was the first time he had such a terrible nightmare, probably due to the sudden onset of fever. Phuwin silently looked at Pond, his senses helped him judge that he was next to him last night, but he didn't know for how long. His face was slumped against the bed, lying on his side facing him, his wrist was held tightly by him, he slept peacefully, because last night he was up all night.

Phuwin shyly let go of Pond's hand, his cheeks became a little hot, he patted his hand on his cheek, thinking to himself that it was probably due to his fever. Because of the noise, Pond opened his eyes and woke up. Their eyes met, he sat up and asked him

"Are you okay? Are you feeling better?"

Pond didn't hesitate to put his hand on his hand, then put his hand on his forehead and neck to see if he was still hot. Strangely, the fever subsided so quickly, but because of that, he also felt more secure

"Are you staying with me all night?"

Phuwin asked, he didn't remember exactly when he entered his room, but seeing his condition this morning, he probably saw him having a nightmare last night. His nod made him even more certain.

"Yesterday I..."

Before Phuwin could finish his sentence, he was stunned. He looked at him placing his hand on his forehead. His fever had subsided. His actions suddenly made his heart skip a beat. Phuwin doesn't have many people to play with. Except for Dunk, he always lives alone in An Linh. Any concept of other people's concern is absent from him, or rather, he rarely experiences it. Now, sitting in front of him was Pond, a person he had just met not long ago, just a soul who accidentally happened to be in his place, yet he cared for him so. Phuwin received this concern, his heart suddenly skipped a beat, he sat frozen and watched him touch his head.

"It's better, let's find something to eat later to make you feel better. As for yesterday, I know you had a nightmare. If you have any worries, I'm ready to listen to your story."

Pond said, he looked into Phuwin's eyes, he looked really weak now. Pond suddenly couldn't control himself and reached out to rub his head as if to comfort him. Realizing his outrageous actions, he turned around and quickly left the door, leaving him there still bewilderedly looking at his back.

Pond stood outside, leaning his back against the door and gently caressing his face. He was thinking about his recent actions, from yesterday until now, all his caring actions made him feel very different. In his chest, his heart was also gradually beating erratically. He had to try to breathe deeply so that he wouldn't have that feeling anymore. Finally, he disappeared in front of Phuwin's door, returning to his room.