CH 20 - PHUWIN'S OBSESSION

Pond and Phuwin returned after going to the police station. As soon as they entered the house, Phuwin sat down on the chair, his face filled with confusion.

"Strange, your car accident definitely happened there, but the police didn't give any information. Looking online, I didn't see any newspaper articles about this accident."

Phuwin asked himself, feeling like there was a twist behind Pond's accident. Not only Phuwin, Pond also helplessly realized how difficult and scant it was to find information about himself.

"I'm sorry, I made you worry"

Phuwin looked at Pond sitting across from him, his sincere eyes made him feel sympathy. Even though they hadn't been together for a long time, Pond had more or less given him the feeling of having someone there to confide in. , except for Dunk who is his best friend, Pond is probably the person who talks to him the most. Phuwin sighed softly, he stood up, wanting to find a way to make Pond remember his identity, as well as wanting to be able to live longer than 49 days, because at least now Phuwin considered him a friend, he wanted to  know him in real life.

Phuwin suddenly remembered something, he stood up and went into the room. When he came back, he held in his hand an old, ancient book that he kept very carefully. Pond silently observed Phuwin's expression. He saw in his eyes an indescribable pain. What was Phuwin remembering that made him so sad?

Phuwin stared at the book cover, he still didn't dare to open it because Phuwin was still haunted by his mother's handwriting, that was also the reason he didn't dare open the book his mother left behind, every time he looked at it. In that handwriting, Phuwin remembered his painful past.

"What's up?"

"This is the only spiritual book my mother left behind, until now I still haven't dared to open it."

Pond knew that Phuwin hadn't actually dared to open this book, he didn't know what the book contained, but maybe even if he read it, he wouldn't understand it.

"If you can't open it, it's okay. I think there are still other ways to find my identity. You don't have to be embarrassed because of me."

Pond spoke up, if opening that book made Phuwin sad, he also didn't want him to have to open it. Phuwin suddenly realized that he still had that book and he brought it out to show that he wanted to find every way to help. Pond felt grateful to him in his heart. He looked at Phuwin, wanting to ask why he had such nightmares every night

"Phuwin, can I ask you something?"

Phuwin's nod gave him the courage to ask the question he had been hiding for so long

"I...have seen you have nightmares. If possible, can you tell me why you are like that? Who is Fourth? I heard you call that name while having that nightmare."

Phuwin shivered slightly, the feeling of fear from having a nightmare he had never escaped, still lingering in his mind every night. Phuwin knew he had seen him like that once, because his concern at that time made him open his heart more. His mood became heavy, he had never told this story to anyone, even his best friend Dunk did not know about the nightmares that Phuwin had. Dunk only knew that Phuwin lived alone ever since he has lost a younger brother.

"My mother can also see spirits"

Phuwin recounted his own story, his mother was a magician, with eyes like his. His clan can see the souls of the dead past the age of twenty, and so can his mother. However, a big incident happened in his family when his father discovered that his mother had those yin and yang eyes. Knowing that his mother could see scary souls, his father immediately hated her for being different. Dad became colder. At that time, Phuwin's mother was pregnant with Fourth. After giving birth to Fourth, his mother lost half of her ability to see souls.

Fourth was born with a weak constitution. Because he was born prematurely, his life was close to death. His mother then used two parts of her soul to exchange for her son's safety. She created two necklaces engraved with the names and birthdates of both Phuwin and Fourth, enchanting them with a spell and her own soul, from which his mother's ability was no longer as strong as before, because she lacked the two. Because of his soul, his mother sometimes does not have a clear mind.

His mother hid the fact that people in the family could see souls at the age of twenty, that's why his father still loved his two brothers, Phuwin and Fourth. The family incident occurred when Fourth was only two years old. That day, his mother carried Fourth who had just learned how to walk outside to play. Unfortunately, she suffered a relapse of unconsciousness while sitting with Fourth playing in the park, until she woke up and then Fourth ran away and got lost.

When his father found out, he was very angry, seeing his mother as the one who caused everything and lost his son. The two fell into frequent arguments, and during one serious argument, he accidentally pushed his mother down the stairs. Phuwin witnessed his mother die right before his eyes, and he became bitterly disgusted with his father. Phuwin lived at home but was not often happy. His obsession with his mother made him unable to open up to his father any more. At the age of twenty, he discovered that he had the ability to see souls like his mother. Phuwin decided to leave that emotionless house. He knew that if he let his father know that he was like his mother, he would also hate his own son.

--------------------------------------

Tears welled up in Phuwin's red eyes. He told his past, unable to hold back his emotions and trembling. Pond knows, there is nothing more painful than losing a loved one, especially losing a family member who doesn't know whether they are alive or dead. Looking at the small, trembling figure in front of him, Pond could only approach and hug Phuwin and comfort him, as if he were helping him escape his nightmare every night. Pond in reality is a family lover. Even as a soul, he still feels Phuwin's suffering. He knows how emotionally deprived Phuwin is. The fact that he is always looking for his younger brother has made him torment every night. If opening that book makes him so sad, then there's no need, he has 39 days left, and he will definitely find a way to return to his physical body.

Phuwin was so emotional that he let him hug him. Pond's pat on the back made him feel very familiar. It was like every night, every time he had a nightmare, there was a warmth comforting him. Phuwin didn't know why. Was it a dream or was it real, I just knew there was something that made his nightmares no longer as scary as before.

Gradually regaining consciousness, Phuwin was startled and pushed him away. He escaped his hug, shyly coughing to relieve the awkwardness. Pond burst out laughing at his adorable actions, and was about to comfort him when someone walked in outside the door.

"Teacher...teacher...my house has a strange phenomenon...can you come and help me?"