CH 21 - STRANGE HOUSE

A woman ran in front of Phuwin to urgently beg, looking like she had just encountered something scary, causing her to quickly find him. Phuwin stood up, looking at the woman's eyes, he could guess a bit that she had just encountered spiritual matters.

"Give me your address, I'll come in the evening"

"Yes...yes...thank you teacher"

Phuwin walked to his desk and took out a notebook that was completely different from the notebook where he recorded the souls coming to rest. Pond looked at the notebook and immediately wondered, perhaps asking a question

"Are you a wizard?"

"If I don't do it, what will I eat?"

Phuwin smiled while responding to Pond, the mission of appeasing souls was due to Phuwin's wish, he wanted to escape the souls still entangled in the world, and also to take advantage of the special abilities his mother gave him. Besides appeasing spirits at night, Phuwin works as an exorcist during the day for people. However, very few people know about this job, only when he is introduced or has a chance to meet them do they know.

Pond was scolded by Phuwin again, but he felt it was no longer serious. Phuwin opened his notebook, looked up and asked the woman sitting opposite

"Tell me about all the phenomena you encountered."

The woman trembled as she recounted the story. For the past few days, strange phenomena had been occurring at her house. In the middle of the night, there was always a knocking sound outside the house, and inside the house there was a noise coming from the room where she lived. Her deceased daughter had lived, and she could vaguely hear her cry. This phenomenon appears every time someone comes to disturb her house, causing them to run away in fear.

Phuwin wrote down everything the woman said in a notebook, looked up at her back and saw there was no soul following her, then spoke up.

"I will come tonight and ask you to prepare three things for your daughter for me."

The woman nodded slightly, turned her sad eyes to thank Phuwin again and left the room. Pond looked at the woman's back hidden behind the door. When he looked back, he saw Phuwin drawing an amulet with blood. He burned it, letting the ashes fall onto what he had just written down.

"Her daughter...died unjustly"

Phuwin spoke softly, he brushed away the dust particles still clinging to the notepad, and after putting it back in the closet, he also put his mother's book away.

---------------------------------

At night, as promised, Phuwin will go to the house of the woman whose daughter just passed away to check on the situation. This woman's name is Hui, he writes in the notebook as Ms. Hui so it's easier to remember. Normally he does this task alone, but now there is an extra tail following behind him, causing Phuwin a bit of trouble.

"If you ruin my work later, when I get back I'll let you go."

Phuwin raised his voice to warn, and received a nod from him, so he could only continue silently. The car stopped in front of the door of a normal middle-class house. Phuwin stood in front and observed, his eyes saw some strange air surrounding the house. Ms. Hui opened the door and looked out, carefully inviting him into the house. Phuwin calmly walked inside, his eye color gradually changed since he realized there was a soul in this house.

Phuwin walked to the middle of the house, placed his tools on the table, there was nothing much besides a few sticks of incense and animal blood, mainly to lure the spirits in the house to appear.

"Where's what I told you to prepare?"

Phuwin turned to ask Ms. Hui, watching her take out a bracelet, a watch and her daughter's handkerchief.

"What you told me has already been prepared."

Phuwin nodded, put what Ms. Hui had just given him on the table. Before twelve o'clock at night, he used a cup of blood to draw a matrix on a large yellow talisman. Three incense sticks were also lit. Phuwin sat and looked at the battle table he had just created, then went to paste a few charms and a small bell in front of the door. After finishing, Phuwin looked around, searching for Pond's figure, who must have disappeared to an unknown place. Because Ms. Hui was here, he did not dare to call out.

"Miss Hui, can you go to your room first for now? Please take this paper and stick it in front of the door. You absolutely must not go out before I call."

Phuwin gave Ms. Hui an amulet and instructed him her to go around the house after seeing Ms. Hui return to her room.

"Pond, where are you?"

Phuwin looked around but still couldn't see him. He called a few more times and heard a noise coming from the second floor. If he wasn't mistaken, that direction was the direction of Mrs. Hui's daughter's room. His steps slowly approached the second floor, the more he went up, the more gloomy the atmosphere surrounded him. Phuwin's eye color turned dark red, he was standing in front of the other girl's room. There was a noise behind Phuwin. He turned around and saw him appear, giving him a look of disgust. He suddenly appeared and disappeared so erratically that he just wanted to scold him to death.

"Where did you just get back from?"

"In there"

Pond replied softly, probably looking at the door in front of him, causing Phuwin's eyebrows to frown a bit. Since entering the house, Pond took advantage of the fact that he was a soul that no one could see and wandered around. His hunch made him step into the girl's room. Pond alone stood looking at the empty room. Only a few scattered pieces of furniture remain.

A small noise rang out and caught Pond's attention. Pond turned towards the source of the sound. It turned out that the window was not closed. Pond approached the window, looking out at the moonlit sky, but the light could not penetrate into the room, only a few light breezes blew through, blowing away the curtain. Pond reached out to close the window, this action accidentally caught the eye of a passerby, he looked up at the room with the self-closing door, stammered a few scary words and ran away.

Pond didn't know, nor did he care who saw him. After closing the door, he stood still and listened to the noise coming from behind him, as if he felt someone was looking at him. Pond turned his back, his eyes focused on the corner of the wall next to the cabinet. A small cry sounded as if it wanted to completely scare him, but Pond still calmly stood and watched, his steps slowly approaching the place where the cry came from. He saw a girl with shoulder-length hair hanging her head down and crying. The girl huddled in a corner, looking up with her scary eyes, warning him to come closer.

He suspected that this girl was Mrs. Hui's deceased daughter. Just as he was about to approach and say something, there was Phuwin's call outside the door. Pond stopped disturbing the girl hiding in the corner. There, he disappeared behind the door, appearing behind Phuwin.

"What are you doing in there?"

Phuwin frowned and asked, he hadn't gone inside yet, he must have broken the crowd and run around

"There's a girl's soul inside"

"You stay by my side, if you move around again I will send you home."

Phuwin raised his voice to warn him, giving him a strange look. Phuwin put a talisman on the door, then opened the door and stepped inside...