CH 24 - TAKING BULLETS

The sound of a car stopping in front of a strictly guarded yard, Dunk sat in the car looking out and saw only tension. Dew's call rang out, causing Dunk to escape from his own world. He opened the door and got out of the car, following Dew and Gemini inside. Just a little way, Dunk saw many bodyguards guarding the door. When Joong's room door opened, there were no more people left, only the bodyguard guarding the door.

The smell of antiseptic hit Dunk's nose. He looked towards where there were a few people treating Joong's wounds. At first glance, they seemed to be studying medicine but not doctors. Dunk stepped inside, looked to the side for medical equipment, then approached and voluntarily picked up gloves and put them on. The people who treated Joong's wound had only disinfected it, the bullet was still deep in his shoulder blade. Dunk looked at Joong who was calmly lying on the bed with his eyes closed. Although his eyes were closed, it seemed he was still awake, because when he got closer, he opened his cold eyes to look at him.

"What's wrong?"

Dunk asked in his voice, with a hint of teasing in his voice, as if he wanted to ask if he had been shot dead by a bullet or not. Joong heard his question and just coldly let out a sentence

"Not yet dead"

Dunk looked at Joong's attitude and appearance, he didn't think that his condition was so bad that everyone was so frantic, wouldn't he be responding to him in such a joking way. Dunk looked at the wound, the organization's people handled it quite well, only the bullet was still stuck inside his body. Injecting some anesthetic into Joong's shoulder, Dunk took out a knife and a bullet pick to prepare for surgery.

The room was strangely quiet, only Dunk would occasionally ask for a knife or scissors. Joong had only been silently looking at Dunk's face until now. When he concentrated on his work, he looked much more serious. To him, that was a kind of attraction. The wound in his shoulder and the bullet deepened, greatly affecting Joong's sanity. This time, the attacker seemed to want to kill him, so he used a gun that was both powerful and had high damage. Dunk was still focused on his work, his shoulder blade was slightly sliced ​​open by him, the bullet took a long time to be removed, because it hit a rather dangerous place.

Dunk carefully sewed a few stitches for Joong. After bandaging, the situation was better. Dunk looked up at the person lying on the hospital bed and saw that he was already asleep. It seemed that because he was tired, he had closed his eyes to rest for a long time. Dunk silently put away the medical kit, took off the bloody gloves and threw them away. He had no intention of bothering him, the injured person needed time to rest.

Aydin's men have left the room since Dunk finished taking the bullets and bandaging them. It seems that there was a summons from Dew. Gemini also followed him down to the room. Now there is only noise in this room. The slight rustling of tools and the sound of Joong's even breathing.

Dunk finished work, looked at the clock, it was past midnight and just wanted to go home soon. In fact, when he worked at Hospital, he was often on night shift. This was already normal for him, so Dunk didn't complain much. The only thing he didn't like was that he was suddenly brought back here and got involved in this troubled family

Dunk walked out of the room and looked around at the architecture here. Even though the lights were bright, he still felt a little cold for some reason. With light footsteps going down, Dunk's eyes met the group of people from the Aydin organization discussing business. He hid in the corner of the wall, looking out at Gemini sitting on a meeting chair.