Happy Fourth!

"One day, when I was, a young boy, my father took me into the city, to see a marching band."

CAN WE JUST APPRECIATE THAT THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING TODAY?

(And if you knew those lyrics, I love you)

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY AMERICAN BAES!

And a lot of people in other countries are like:

"What's the big deal about the forth?!"

WELL WE FLIPPING WON OUR FREEDOM AFTER YEARS OF DEATH AND STARVATION AND STRUGGLE! WE WOULD PROBABLY ALL CEASE TO EXSIST IF OUR ANCESTORS DIDN'T FIGHT TO WIN FREEDOM! THAT IS CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION! ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO DIED IN WARS FOR OUR FREEDOM SHOULD NOT GO UNAPPRECIATED! I'VE HAD SEVERAL FAMILY MEMBERS DIE IN WARS, DO YOU KNOW HOW DIFFICULT THAT IS?! I HAVEN'T SEEN MY BROTHER IN YEARS BECAUSE HE'S IN THE MILITARY! IT'S NOT JUST CELEBRATING OUR FREEDOM, IT IS APPRECIATING WHAT SOLDIERS DID FOR OUR FREEDOM!!!

So I just want to take a moment to say thank you to all of those people who have their lives, or could've, for our country.

And every year at school, war veterans visit us. They don't get a thank you, normally. But they still do it. Thank you.

...

That said... I am a fan of all the 'Fourth of July memes'. I read this one and died laughing:

*on the Fourth of July*

Other countries: What day is it?

Other countries: Oh no...

Other countries: not now

Other countries: not again...

*rumble in the distance*

*America bursts through the walls flying on eagles holding flags, apple pies, hotdogs and captain America shields while being led by Abraham Lincoln*

America: CAW CAW MOTHERFLIPPERS WE'RE FREE!

...

So yeah I laughed a bit...

And can we talk about the level of procrastination I've exhibited? This was meant to go up yesterday, the fourth, but it's going up today, the fifth.

And the fact that I always get to participate in the local parade and we throw candy at people from whatever we ride on. Well... We ran out of candy but I thought I had a piece in my hand... And long story short I threw a piece of trash at someone.

And fireworks! They're amazing! My aunt and uncle live in a pretty populated city, and you can see the entire city from their front porch. Well... Four different cities all set off fireworks at the same time... And if you look one way, fireworks. Another? Fireworks. The other way? Fireworks. Over there? Fireworks. It was amazing...

IF YOURE AMERICAN, HAPPY FOURTH. IF NOT, DONT HATE, APPRECIATE!

BYEEH!