48

In a sudden change of events, Jimin starts to feel really sorry for what he said earlier.

If only he had decided to go straight home after work today, maybe Taehyung and Jungkook wouldn't have crossed paths. If he had known Taehyung was coming, they could have planned how to talk to Taehyung about their feelings.

Right now, the three of them feel like they don't know each other well. They walk in silence and awkwardness towards Jimin's dorm.

Jimin walks in the middle, trying not to get too close to Jungkook. He stays near Taehyung and can't stop looking at Taehyung's face. His heart is racing, and suddenly he feels guilty.

He lowers his head and puts himself in Taehyung's shoes.

Imagine being in a fight with someone for two weeks, then finally making the effort to visit them in Busan to make amends. But when you get there, you see your sibling holding hands with your best friend.

Your sibling and your best friend are together.

It's fine if they're together, but the fact that they kept it a secret from you hits hard. You trusted your best friend to take care of your sibling, and now you feel betrayed and foolish.

The whole situation feels really... complicated and tough to handle.

Jimin's lips quiver slightly as he nervously licks them, his voice soft but determined, "Hyung, you know, I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now. I even messaged you, but you had me blocked, so you couldn't see it."

Taehyung, with a nonchalant expression, chooses to remain silent, not acknowledging Jimin's words.

Looking a bit anxious, Jimin persists, "I can prove it to you." With a hint of uncertainty, he pulls out his phone to show Taehyung the evidence. "Look, I have the messages."

Taehyung shifts the conversation, bringing up an old memory, "Graduate student, huh?"

Jimin blinks slowly, gathering his courage, "I just wanted to give you a heads-up. I was planning to hint about finding someone my age, then thought of gradually telling you..."

Taehyung, appearing disinterested, interrupts, "How much longer until we reach your dorm?"

Jimin, feeling a mix of emotions, responds, "Just a few more minutes of walking. What do you feel like doing?"

Taehyung remains silent, not providing any direction.

Jimin's gaze shifts to Jungkook, seeking some reassurance.

Jungkook meets his eyes, offering a comforting smile, "Don't worry, I'll talk to your hyung later."

Sensing the tense atmosphere around Taehyung, Jimin tries to lighten the mood, hoping Taehyung won't react negatively to his revelation.

Jimin's heart races as he senses the intimidating atmosphere surrounding Taehyung. He hopes Taehyung won't find his revelation strange but believes he won't react angrily.

Jimin looks at Taehyung, trying to break the tension. "Hyung, where are you planning to stay tonight?"

Taehyung scoffs, "Why do you care?"

Feeling his frustration building, Jimin struggles to contain his emotions. "You can't just go around beating people..."

Taehyung chuckles, seemingly unfazed.

"Why are you making a big deal out of this? If you like my friend, I can introduce them to you. I don't mind," Jimin attempts to defuse the situation.

Taehyung remains indifferent, stating, "I can't. I have a girlfriend."