Chapter 1

Tong City First Hospital.

Department of General Surgery, Fifth Floor of the Inpatient Building.

Jiang Tao had just completed the admission procedures for the last patient of the morning and was about to go to the break room to eat her boxed lunch when the nurse on duty at the entrance contacted her: "Xiao Tao, a patient named Zhang Yang, who was discharged last Friday, is here to see you."

It had only been a weekend, so Jiang Tao still remembered Zhang Yang, a tall and strong male patient who had been hospitalized for gallbladder surgery.

In the eyes of medical staff, patients are all the same, except each patient has their own personality and temperament, making the interaction experience different.

Zhang Yang was a bit frivolous and liked to joke around with Jiang Tao, what colleagues would call "flirting."

Jiang Tao didn't like this kind of flirting at all, but since she had been responsible for Zhang Yang for seven days, even if there was a very small chance that Zhang Yang was there for a medical reason, she had to see him.

Outside the restricted glass doors of the ward, Zhang Yang leaned against the corridor wall with his head tilted and quickly saw Jiang Tao.

She was wearing the standard nurse uniform, with a pure white nurse cap.

This attire made it hard for her to stand out among a group of nurses, but if they all lined up, anyone would notice Jiang Tao first.

Her skin was very fair, her apricot eyes were glossy, and the ends of her eyes slightly turned up.

Her nose was small and round, and her cheeks had a bit of baby fat, making her look very cute.

During his hospitalization, Zhang Yang had many opportunities to observe Jiang Tao up close and found that this little nurse was sweet at first glance and even prettier the more you looked at her.

What Zhang Yang liked most was her lips, pink and tender like a ripe peach, tempting people to kiss.

The glass door opened, and Jiang Tao walked out.

Zhang Yang stood up straight and looked at her with a smile: "Haven't seen me in two days, did you miss me?"

The nurse on duty looked at them with a strange expression.

Jiang Tao's face turned slightly cold, and she asked Zhang Yang directly: "Do you have something to say? I'm very busy."

Zhang Yang brought out a cup of milk tea he had been holding behind his back: "I don't know if you've eaten, so I only bought milk tea."

Jiang Tao frowned: "No need. If there's nothing else, I'm going back."

She turned to leave, but Zhang Yang quickly stepped in front of the glass door, blocking her path with his tall and strong body, one hand holding the milk tea and the other taking out his phone to open WeChat: "You don't have to take the milk tea, just add me as a friend, and I'll leave immediately."

Jiang Tao stepped back: "Whether you leave or not has nothing to do with me, but if you continue to obstruct my work, I can call the hospital security to handle this."

The little nurse, despite her soft and cute appearance, didn't seem very intimidating even with a stern face. Zhang Yang smiled: "Then go ahead and call."

Jiang Tao didn't look at him anymore. She walked to the nurse's station, took out her phone, found the security room number saved in her notes, and dialed it without hesitation.

Zhang Yang had good eyesight and noticed that the little nurse wasn't afraid of trouble and really called security. This was a cold splash of water extinguishing his interest completely.