Chapter 8

At seven in the morning, there weren't too many people outside the residential area.

As soon as Jiang Tao came out, she saw Cao An standing next to a black Jeep, leaning against the passenger side window. His lazy posture somehow exuded a dark aura.

He was holding his phone, talking. When he caught sight of Jiang Tao, he stood up straight, quickly put the phone in his pocket, and directed his gaze at her.

Jiang Tao walked over, almost stumbling with awkward movements.

Cao An opened the door for her, then walked around to the driver's seat.

"Have you had breakfast?" Jiang Tao asked, trying to start a conversation. Her eyes glanced at the newly hung "Safe Travels" lucky cat in the car.

Cao An replied, "I have. I usually get up at five-thirty."

"So early?"

"I go to bed early too, never later than eleven."

Jiang Tao admired Cao An's self-discipline.

A bus slowly pulled up to the stop next to the He Ping residential area.

Cao An asked, "How do you usually get to the hospital?"

Jiang Tao pointed to the bus. "It's only seven stops, pretty convenient."

Some of her colleagues would ride electric scooters for such a distance, but Jiang Tao preferred taking the bus, as she wasn't comfortable squeezing through crowded places on a bicycle.

Cao An asked, "Are there still buses running when you finish the night shift?"

Jiang Tao replied, "It's fine. Our night shifts run from 8 PM to 8 AM, followed by two consecutive days off."

Different hospitals have their own scheduling systems, each with its pros and cons.

"And you? I heard from Mr. Wang that you're busy with a project in the suburbs. Does it take long to get there from the city?"

"It takes about an hour by car, but my schedule is flexible. Sometimes I don't need to go."

Jiang Tao remembered that Cao An's family owned a company, and since Cao An was essentially the boss, he could arrange his time freely.

That's why he has a tough appearance; otherwise, he'd definitely have a lot of girlfriends.

When they arrived at the hospital, Cao An parked the car in a surface lot near the inpatient department. After getting out, he said to Jiang Tao, "I won't walk you in."

Jiang Tao hurriedly replied, "No need, no need. You should head to the outpatient department."

Cao An asked, "By the way, what time do you get off work today?"

Jiang Tao's smile became a bit stiff. "Is there something you need?"

Cao An said, "I'll be back in the city around six. If I can make it, I'll come to pick you up."

Jiang Tao sighed in relief. "No need to trouble yourself. I get off work early today, around five, so I can go back by myself."

Cao An said, "Alright, let's plan for another time then."

He needed to go back to the car to get his father's medical report, while Jiang Tao went ahead.

From where Cao An was standing, he could see the first-floor lobby of the inpatient department, including the elevator area.

He watched Jiang Tao walk briskly inside, greeting several medical staff she encountered along the way, and then smoothly entering the elevator.

Jiang Tao changed into her nurse's uniform and left the changing room. After handing over her shift, she received a message from Fang Rui: "Did that guy named Zhang try to block you this morning?"