Chapter 11

When Jiang Tao received Cao An's first message, she happened to be standing under a streetlight.

It was also under this streetlight that she struggled to decisively reject Cao An and completely put an end to his pursuit of her.

In terms of appearance, if Zhang Yang was like a common village dog, Cao An was a genuine wolf, a massive wolf king straight out of an anime.

Jiang Tao had the courage to shoo away a village dog, but when faced with a wolf king, she was so fearful that she couldn't even muster the thought of running away.

In other words, if Cao An had adopted Zhang Yang's aggressive pursuit methods, Jiang Tao might have broken down within a week or two.

But Cao An didn't do that. He remained polite and always gave her the choice.

He had even helped her out of a big trouble.

Jiang Tao was afraid of him, but she didn't really dislike him.

She lowered her head, staring at the screen. Suddenly, a pair of long legs stepped into her view, stopping right in front of her.

She had seen these legs just a few minutes ago.

Her gaze slowly traveled up along those legs, past his lean waist, and finally stopped at his chest.

Jiang Tao had no experience with gym workouts, having only occasionally browsed some fitness photos of men online. Well-defined muscles could indeed stir her hormones, but some pictures with bulging veins made her wish she had never seen them.

She didn't know what kind of muscles lay hidden under Cao An's clothes. The mere sight of his towering and robust physique put a lot of pressure on her. Moreover, his sharp features made him look like a wolf sitting across the table, silently staring at her. When he approached her step by step, it felt like a wolf closing in, its breath falling on her head, its glowing eyes scrutinizing its prey, always on the verge of baring its sharp teeth.

Cao An wasn't a real wolf, of course. But to some men, women were inherently prey.

Jiang Tao could face the bloody wounds of patients head-on, but she was not very brave. She would be on guard against men appearing nearby while walking at night and would worry about being harassed if she inadvertently made eye contact with a man who looked like a mob boss in a restaurant.

Maybe she was overly self-absorbed, imagining too much. But this was just her nature.

Every time she met Cao An, her rationality split into two parts: one told her he was polite, introduced by the head nurse and trustworthy; the other silently fabricated scenarios that made her panic, like Cao An suddenly getting close and forcing her, or driving her to a remote area and then...

So when she said they were not suitable, she meant it. Cao An was better suited for a girlfriend with a strong psyche, someone who could confidently appreciate his gentlemanly side without being intimidated by his appearance.

"Is it difficult to answer?"

His calm voice sounded above her.

Jiang Tao stiffly raised her head.

The streetlight illuminated her face, but she could only see the outline of Cao An's face.

"Dislike me?" Cao An raised his left hand to shield her eyes from the light, relieving the nurse's discomfort and allowing her to see him clearly.

The night accentuated his presence. If he had pale skin and a lean build, he might resemble a vampire. But his strong, wild physique and tan skin made him seem like a formidable wolf in Jiang Tao's eyes.