Chapter 17

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow?"

When Jiang Tao took off her mask, Cao An asked as the black Jeep stopped in front of Building Five.

Jiang Tao shook her head. Tomorrow was a workday, so her friends would be working.

Cao An suggested, "How about we go out for lunch?"

Jiang Tao no longer felt nervous about being asked out to eat by him for the second time. She smiled and said, "Sure."

Cao An said, "Let's invite your grandma too."

Jiang Tao replied quickly, "No need. She usually spends time with the ladies from the dance group and stays pretty busy."

While they were talking, Grandma came out from inside, holding a homemade breakfast snack for Cao An—a couple of braised eggs in a plastic bag.

Cao An extended another invitation to Grandma.

Grandma smiled brightly and said, "You two go ahead. I don't want to be a third wheel."

Jiang Tao rolled her eyes at her grandma and went inside to sleep.

Grandma stood outside chatting with Cao An. "Xiao Tao told me you'll be attending a training session in the provincial capital on Tuesday?"

Cao An replied, "Yes, I'll bring you some local specialties when I return."

Grandma laughed, "It's not like I'm expecting gifts. When will you be back?"

Cao An said, "There's a meeting on Friday afternoon, so I'll be home in the evening."

Grandma remarked, "That's a tight schedule. Besides these training sessions, do you travel a lot for work?"

Cao An smiled, "Not too much. Most of our projects are around the city. Even if I go to the construction sites, I can drive back the same day."

Grandma said, "That's good. I heard that people in your line of work often have to travel a lot."

Cao An replied, "That's true in some cases, but our city is small, and I'm a local. Don't worry."

Grandma patted his arm in satisfaction, with a knowing look in her eyes.

In the evening, after Jiang Tao woke up, the grandmother and granddaughter chatted while eating dinner.

Grandma said, "I've found out that Xiao Cao doesn't travel much for work."

Jiang Tao said, "You're thinking far ahead."

Grandma replied, "Of course. You're my only granddaughter. If Xiao Cao's family is wealthy and he travels a lot, it could easily lead to problems."

Jiang Tao thought for a moment and said, "Whether a man stays faithful or not has nothing to do with money or travel. Look at the doctors in the hospital. Their work is busy, but some change partners frequently, while others go home on time after work. It ultimately depends on whether the person wants to lead a stable life."

Grandma asked, "So what do you think of Xiao Cao?"

Jiang Tao lowered her head to eat, and after Grandma urged her several times, she reluctantly said, "He seems pretty disciplined."

If a man who strictly follows waste sorting, traffic rules, and is always polite despite having a stern face isn't trustworthy, she really doesn't know how to judge a man's character.

Cao An took Jiang Tao to eat steak today. It was the weekend peak, and every restaurant had a queue. Fortunately, they arrived early.

Some passersby were still intimidated by Cao An's presence. After their initial shock, they would secretly signal their friends and family to look at him.