Chapter 7

Jiang Tao took a number from the staff and was reminded that there would be a wait of about half an hour.

During peak dining times, a half-hour wait is considered short.

Outside the store, there were two rows of small stools made of plastic. Jiang Tao doubted whether these small stools could support Cao An's weight.

Cao An stood by the railing on the fourth floor, glanced around the third floor, and spotted a retail chain store with a display window showcasing cute little dolls that seemed very appealing to the younger generation.

"Let's go take a look there."

"Okay."

Taking the nearby escalator, they quickly entered the retail store.

Jiang Tao walked in front, with Cao An following behind her. His tall and straight figure completely overshadowed her.

Jiang Tao tried to make conversation: "Is there anything you want to buy?"

Cao An replied, "It doesn't seem like anything here is my style."

Jiang Tao glanced at a nearby shelf filled with rows of cute hair clips in pink hues, reflecting sparkles under the store's lights.

After a few more steps, Jiang Tao found a mascot display with various lucky cat figurines.

Jiang Tao looked at each one and discovered a lucky cat car pendant that had "Safe Travels" written on it.

She didn't want Cao An to just accompany her shopping, so she suggested, "How about this one?"

As soon as she placed the lucky cat in her palm, Cao An had already looked over. It was a lucky cat with a white head and red body. The bright red base made the milk-like whiteness of her palm stand out. Her hands were small, with slender fingers and nails that had a clean, pinkish luster.

"Are you giving this to me?" Cao An asked above her head.

His low, deep yet calm tone made Jiang Tao hear a hint of ambiguity.

Jiang Tao's heart skipped a beat.

This was another unexpected question. In her previous blind dates, the men were always eager to give her gifts. Cao An was the first to ask her for one.

But refusing such a small trinket might make her seem stingy.

Her earlobes turned red as she smiled at the lucky cat. "Sure."

Cao An then held out the small shopping basket in his hand in front of her.

With mixed feelings, Jiang Tao placed the lucky cat into the basket.

Learning from this experience, she no longer suggested anything for Cao An to buy. She picked out a notebook that, while she might not use it, was very cute and beautiful. Passing by the tableware section, Jiang Tao chose two cute bowls.

As she reached for the second bowl, Cao An's voice sounded above her again, with a hint of surprise: "Is this for me?"

Having already given in to his request for a gift once, Jiang Tao was determined not to fall into that trap again. She quietly explained, "One for my grandma and one for me."

Cao An responded with a simple "hmm." As Jiang Tao was about to turn around after placing the two bowls in the basket, Cao An picked up a bowl for himself.

Jiang Tao's face turned bright red.

It had been almost a week since they became WeChat friends, and during this time, except for brief contacts before meeting, Cao An had never initiated any casual conversations.