Chapter 14

At seven in the morning, Jiang Tao woke up naturally.

Through the gap in the curtains, she could see the bright sunshine outside, with sparrows chirping and the distant sounds of children laughing and playing, along with the calls of elders.

Days off are always wonderful. Jiang Tao picked up her phone and checked today's weather forecast.

The highest temperature during the day would be seventeen degrees Celsius, and today was indeed the warmest day in recent times. Tomorrow it would cool down, and Saturday even showed rain and snow!

Jiang Tao opened her wardrobe and chose a white sweater, layering a light blue thick jacket over it, which could be easily taken off if she felt hot.

After changing clothes, Jiang Tao left her bedroom and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

Her grandmother was in the kitchen. Hearing the sound, she peeked out and looked Jiang Tao up and down. "Didn't you just buy a new dress? Why aren't you wearing it?"

Jiang Tao glanced at the casual pants she was wearing and confidently said, "These are comfortable."

Dresses look nice, but since she has to take care of her grandmother, some movements might be inconvenient.

Her grandmother shook her head and muttered to herself, "Every time you go out with Xiao Rui, you dress up beautifully, but you don't take dates seriously. Girls these days are really different."

After breakfast, the grandmother and granddaughter went to a supermarket a kilometer away. Besides buying daily necessities and food for the next two or three days, they also picked out some fruits and bought a few bottles of drinks.

The small cart was fully loaded. At around eight o'clock, the two returned to their community and ran into Mr. Li and Mrs. Li, who were going out for a walk with their grandchild.

Mrs. Li said, "The weather is so nice. Aren't you going somewhere to have fun?"

The grandmother replied, "Yes, we're going to the botanical garden after putting these things away."

Mr. Li said, "That's quite far. Are you taking the bus? Aren't you worried about the bumps?"

The grandmother laughed, "Xiao Cao is coming to pick us up."

Mrs. Li looked at Jiang Tao in surprise and said, "Xiao Cao, your date? It's Wednesday; doesn't he have to work?"

The grandmother responded, "He's a general manager. He doesn't need to be at the construction site all the time. When he's not busy, he doesn't have to go every day."

Mr. Li teased her, "Why are you getting involved in the young people's date?"

The grandmother looked troubled and said, "I don't want to either. My old arms and legs are just a burden to them. But Xiao Cao is too polite; he insisted I come along. I couldn't argue with him, so I'll go. By the way, last weekend, Zhi Yong and his family went to the botanical garden too, right? Were the flowers blooming well? There's no point if they haven't fully bloomed."

Mr. and Mrs. Li's smiles became a bit strained.

Last weekend, their son and daughter-in-law went to the botanical garden, but only picked up their grandson without mentioning bringing them along.

"You go see for yourself. The warm weather over the past couple of days might have triggered another wave of blooms."

Mr. and Mrs. Li, not having gained any advantage in the conversation with Grandma, hurriedly left the building with their grandchild.