Chapter 10

The inpatient department at night is quieter than during the day, but there are still occasional sounds in the ward. Someone is coughing, and someone else is flushing the toilet.

Patient in bed 02 in ward 7 pressed the call button.

Jiang Tao had just entered the ward when the patient's family member came up, looking anxious. "Nurse, my dad says his wound is itching terribly, and he can't sleep."

Jiang Tao replied, "Don't worry, let me take a look."

Although young, her expression was calm and composed, as if she could handle any unexpected situation. The family member felt reassured and followed her closely without saying more.

Upon reaching the bedside, Jiang Tao had already put on her mask. She asked about the symptoms while unwrapping the bandage on the patient's wound.

The patient had just undergone stomach surgery during the day, and now the wound was accumulating some fluid.

"Nurse, am I okay?" The sixty-year-old male patient was very nervous.

Jiang Tao briefly explained the situation in a gentle voice, "It's not a big issue. I'll clean it with iodine, and you'll feel better."

The family member comforted the old man and watched Jiang Tao's efficient actions. Her long eyelashes drooped as she worked without blinking, and she finished quickly.

After tidying up the medical supplies, Jiang Tao softly explained the symptoms to the family member, ensuring they had no further questions. She then turned to leave.

The neighboring bed 03 had its curtain drawn, but there was a light from a phone inside.

Jiang Tao pulled back the curtain.

In bed 03 was a sixteen-year-old high school boy wearing thin-rimmed glasses, looking very quiet.

Jiang Tao said, "You have the first surgery at 8 AM tomorrow. Go to sleep now and get some rest."

The boy blushed when he saw Jiang Tao, immediately put down his phone, and pulled the blanket over his head.

Jiang Tao wanted to laugh. This kid was going to have a hemorrhoidectomy tomorrow. Three hours ago, she had prepared him for the surgery, and he was very shy.

But in the healthcare industry, directly dealing with patients' bodies is routine. Even someone like Jiang Tao, who had just graduated, had seen quite a bit, let alone those with more experience.

Patients really shouldn't overthink it, because most healthcare workers are focused on the treatment area, not taking the opportunity to peek at others' bodies.

And what is there to peek at? At least to Jiang Tao, she didn't find those areas aesthetically pleasing, regardless of gender.

Around 8 o'clock, the nurses gathered for shift change.

A colleague winked at Jiang Tao, "I saw someone sitting in the first-floor lobby when I came up. Is he here to pick you up? I saw him drop you off at work the day before yesterday."

The healthcare industry has its own particularities, but people's love for gossip is no different from any other profession.

Before Jiang Tao could respond, Head Nurse Wang Haiyan sternly interrupted, "Less gossip, you have two patients to admit today..."

With Wang Haiyan's help, Jiang Tao successfully extricated herself from the center of the gossip. After completing her tasks, she went to the changing room.

Before leaving the changing room, Jiang Tao glanced in the mirror.

Her colleagues envied her for having good skin, even on night shifts, without issues like dullness or acne. However, after a night shift, Jiang Tao's eyes were dark-circled, with more bloodshot, making her look quite haggard.