Chapter 33

When old classmates meet, it's inevitable to reminisce about their senior year in high school.

Fang Rui suggested to Zhao Yue, "How about this: Xiao Tao and I will each share something we remember most about you from back then, and then you can share your memories of us."

Zhao Yue agreed, "Sure, but if I say something you don't like, you can't get mad."

Fang Rui gave him a knowing look and began, "I remember you were incredibly fast at running the 800 meters. The wind would blow your tracksuit back, making you look like a skinny monkey. I complained about this to Xiao Tao, so it really stuck with me."

Jiang Tao nodded in agreement. In fact, she had forgotten the names of many classmates from senior year, but she remembered Zhao Yue, partly because he was a sports talent.

Zhao Yue lifted an arm and exaggeratedly showed off his biceps. "Please erase the skinny monkey from your memory and just remember me as I am now."

He stood at 6'2", and while he was skinny in high school, he had since transformed into someone with a great physique—lean in clothes, muscular when shirtless.

Fang Rui playfully swatted his arm. "Stop showing off."

Zhao Yue turned to Cao An with a smile. "My apologies, in front of Cao Ge, I'm just a little brother."

Cao An said, "Actually, your physique is perfect. It suits the general aesthetic better."

Fang Rui, half flattering and half cautiously, asked, "Then why did you build yourself up to be so strong?"

Cao An smiled slightly. "Maybe it's genetics? Besides jogging in the morning, I don't do any special workouts. I just naturally ended up this way."

Fang Rui gave Jiang Tao a look, saying, "This is what we call naturally handsome."

Jiang Tao shot her a glare.

Zhao Yue prompted her, "Your turn. I hope I left a good impression."

Jiang Tao thought for a moment, then smiled before speaking to her best friend. "It's a good impression, I suppose. Once, during a gym class, you were walking ahead of us, and Fang Rui pointed at your legs, saying she wished she had calves as slim and long as yours."

Zhao Yue suddenly understood. "So she's had her eye on my looks for a long time!"

Fang Rui punched him. "Dream on. I've envied men's slim legs a thousand times if not ten thousand, and you're just one of them!"

Zhao Yue jumped up, keeping his distance while stretching out one leg for Fang Rui to see, feeling very smug.

Fang Rui pretended to vomit, looking at Jiang Tao and then at Cao An. Given that Xiao Tao, the nurse, had such thin skin, she refrained from using "Cao An's secret" to retaliate.

After enough messing around, Zhao Yue sat back down and began to recount his memories of the two close friends.

"I remember a lot about Jiang Tao, not because I had a thing for you, but mainly because you were the class beauty. The boys in the back row often talked about you, and even athletes from other classes would ask me about you and sometimes ask me to pass notes to you."

Fang Rui was surprised, "Did that really happen? Why didn't I see you passing any notes?"

Zhao Yue replied, "Because I didn't agree to it. Jiang Tao looked like the kind of student who was focused on her studies, and I didn't want to cause any trouble. If they wanted to pursue her, they had to do it themselves. I didn't want to get involved. Even though I wasn't as mature as I am now, I knew to respect a girl's wishes and be a gentleman. If Jiang Tao had been interested in dating early, there were already handsome guys in our class who tried to pursue her. Outsiders didn't stand a chance."