Chapter 20

"Didn't you say you were going shopping with Xiao Rui? Why haven't you left yet?"

It was past ten o'clock when Grandma came back from her walk in the square and found Jiang Tao still at home, so she asked curiously.

Jiang Tao replied helplessly, "She just got up. We'll go for lunch first."

Grandma shook her head with a smile.

Every child has their own temperament. Her own little Tao never slept in past nine, while Fang Rui was a bit more extreme.

However, since today is a day off, it doesn't matter how long she sleeps.

Half an hour later, Fang Rui arrived, wearing a white fitted sweater with a bean green jacket on top, and a big red skirt. Her facial features weren't particularly striking, but her skin was very fair. With some makeup, she could easily brighten up the scene.

Grandma: "Oh my, which big star is this?"

Fang Rui ran over and hugged the old lady: "I love hearing you talk, Grandma. My mom only ever criticizes me."

Grandma: "What does she criticize you for?"

Fang Rui: "Sleeping in, not having breakfast, not having a boyfriend. Even when I take too long to do my makeup, she nags about it. If I'd known she'd be like this, I wouldn't have come back to find a job."

Grandma: "I don't believe it. You just can't bear to be apart from your parents."

Fang Rui: "It's not about not being able to bear it; I just had to face reality. With an average education, in a big city, even working overtime I'd only make five or six thousand a month. With rent at two or three thousand, sharing a place, plus food and utilities, there's no way to save any money. Back in Tong City, at least I have a comfortable home and can eat my mom's cooking every day... Ah, there are gains and losses. If only my mom were as open-minded as you!"

Grandma tapped her on the head: "Stop acting cute when you've got it easy!"

Fang Rui looked at Jiang Tao and asked, "Jiang Tao said you've met Cao An and seemed quite satisfied?"

Grandma, with a knowing look: "Whether I'm satisfied or not doesn't matter. You should ask her if she likes him."

Before the two of them could team up against her, Jiang Tao quickly grabbed Fang Rui and they went out.

In the car, as Fang Rui buckled her seatbelt, she asked curiously, "Cao An is so clingy, even video-calling every day when he's on a business trip. Didn't he make plans with you today?"

Jiang Tao: "I told him I was going shopping with you today."

Fang Rui gasped dramatically: "You're actually using me as an excuse! Oh no, Cao An will definitely see me as an obstacle!"

Jiang Tao laughed and gave her a light push: "Stop fooling around and focus on driving!"

The road was a bit congested, and they had to wait in line at the mall restaurant. With milk tea in hand, they chatted.

Fang Rui: "Seriously, I feel like you and Cao An could work out."

Jiang Tao looked at her questioningly.

Fang Rui: "You've been on several blind dates before. Isn't it true that you can spot some flaws or things that you find off-putting about someone right from the first meeting? Maybe not flaws, but things that just don't sit well with you?"

A person's character is hard to change. Some small details that others find off-putting might not even be a problem for the other person, and they may not even try to hide them.