Hidden Desires

Professor Kim Taehyung stood at the front of the lecture hall, his eyes scanning the sea of students. His reputation as a brilliant astrophysicist preceded him, but he was equally known for his stern demeanor. His lectures were captivating, yet he maintained an air of aloofness that kept everyone at a respectful distance.

Jungkook, on the other hand, was the embodiment of chaos. With his leather jacket, tousled hair, and a perpetual smirk, he was the quintessential bad boy. He sat in the back row, often arriving late, and rarely paid attention to the material. But there was something about Professor Taehyung that drew him in. A gravitational pull he couldn't escape.

It started innocently enough. Jungkook would linger after class, asking questions about black holes and wormholes. Taehyung would answer, his eyes crinkling at the corners as he explained complex theories. Jungkook pretended it was all about the subject matter, but truthfully, he hung on Taehyung's every word.

Late one evening, when the lecture hall was empty, Jungkook found himself alone with the professor. Taehyung was organizing his notes, lost in thought. Jungkook cleared his throat, heart pounding.

"Professor," he began, "I have a question."

Taehyung looked up, surprised. "Jungkook, isn't it? What can I help you with?"

Jungkook hesitated, then blurted out, "Why do black holes devour everything around them? Is it because they're lonely?"

Taehyung chuckled, setting aside his pen. "Lonely? That's an interesting way to put it. Black holes don't feel emotions, Jungkook. They're simply massive objects with intense gravitational forces."

"But what if they did feel something?" Jungkook pressed. "What if they yearned for connection?"

Taehyung studied him, curiosity flickering in his eyes. "Are you suggesting that even the most distant, enigmatic entities crave companionship?"

Jungkook nodded. "Maybe. Like how I crave your attention during class."

The admission hung in the air, and Taehyung's expression shifted from surprise to something softer. "Jungkook," he said, "this is very inappropriate."

Jungkook stepped closer, heart racing. "And you're the enigma I want to unravel."

Professor Kim Taehyung adjusted his glasses, his expression stern. Jungkook's defiance had pushed him to the limit. The lecture hall felt smaller, suffocating.

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook," Taehyung began, his voice measured, "don't you think it is absolutely inappropriate to talk like this to your professor?"

Jungkook scoffed, leaning back in his chair. "Then let's not talk as student and professor."

Taehyung's patience waned. "This isn't a game, Jungkook. I have responsibilities--"

"--and a ring on your finger," Jungkook interrupted, pointing at Taehyung's left hand. "Signifying that you're happily married."

Taehyung's eyes flickered with something Jungkook couldn't decipher. "Even if that were not the case," he said, "I would still feel very uncomfortable. Boundaries exist for a reason."

Jungkook clenched his fists. "Boundaries? You're the one who keeps pushing them. Why wear that ring if you're so unhappy?"

Taehyung's gaze dropped to the floor. "That Is none of your business Jeon," he murmured.

"Why stay in it?" Jungkook pressed. "Why not break free?"

"Mr. Jeon, my personal life has nothing to do with you, so please do us both a favor. Leave please."