▸ fifty-seven

Nina steps back and shakes her head. Panicked, Aurelia looks in the mirror and looks over her face. Not finding anything wrong she whines and covers her face carefully. She didn't want to ruin Nina's work, but she feels embarrassed. Today is the day, and Elijah is on his way.

"Nina, I'm so nervous, I've been thinking about this day since he told me! I'm just freaking out." She tells her, folding her hands in her lap. Aurelia had to calm down because she didn't want to have to use an asthma pump.

"When you told me," she says, putting the makeup brush down on the vanity table. "I thought it sounded a bit weird."

"Weird? Why? What's weird?" She panics, causing Nina to chuckle and hold her hand up.

"Calm down!"

"Sorry..." she takes a deep breath and clears her throat. "What's weird?"

Nina crosses her arms and hums. "I think those two are overthinking it, but I guess at the end of the day it falls on what you find comfortable. I do think Andrew is right, this is your first time. You should have your first time with Elijah, and then you'll have your first time with Andrew."

"So not at the same time," she murmurs. "But separately?"

"So you can feel comfortable with them together." Nina explains. "But planning a whole night is overthinking it. Or maybe you are overthinking it. It'll be natural if you ease into it."

Aurelia thought the same thing. Since they had the conversation, she had been freaking out about it. Maybe she's not ready, maybe she should wait a bit longer. Nina must've since her panic and slides onto her lap and sighs deeply. The taller woman pokes her cheek softly and shakes her head as the tears begin to fall.

"Hey," She murmurs, blowing her tears away, and pressing ghost kisses to her cheek. "You clearly want this to happen. You're not scared about losing your virginity, you're panicking because it's not going how Sabrina told you it would go."

Sniffling, she slowly nods her head. "Sabrina told me it would be natural and–"

"And the mood would be right. Then before you know it, you'll be ready to lay back on a bed and spread your legs for the guy you're crazy about. Right?" Nina finishes her sentence, making Auelia pouts a bit. As she nods, Nina shakes her head and stands up again.

"Sex for the first time is different for everyone. Not everyone will have the perfect first time. I surely didn't. I lost it young, and to a guy who ended up moving away a week after." Nina rants, but her story wasn't really making her feel better.

"What I'm trying to say is, don't go into this with high expectations. These kinds of events are never perfect. Not always." She pulls more strands of her hair out of the ponytail she did, and curls them with her finger. "You might remember your first time as the worst night of your life, or you might cherish it and hold on to it, perhaps want more."