▸ forty-one

▬

Elijah steps off the elevator to his penthouse studio. Behind him were his friends, and a few others who followed them from the parlor. It's been a full week since he talked to Aurelia and Andrew. A full week since the whole situation happened. The male is starting to wonder if he was a bit harsh, she was only trying to help. However, he has every right to feel upset that she ignored his wishes and went to his brother, of all people, to say what he told her.

The blond sinks into his comfortable couch and puts a pillow over his face. The cushion on the left of him dips in, and the pillow is removed instantly.

"Alright," Grace sighs softly, patting his knee before handing him a beer. He wasn't a big fan of drinking, but one beer could definitely clear his mind. Well, if he lets it. "What's wrong? You've been secretive and quiet this whole week."

Elijah shrugs as the others who invited themselves to his place, also invite themselves to his kitchen. The blond stands up and walks up to the loft area where all his art things are. Grace followed behind him, and the chatter from his guest became a lot more muffled.

"I guess," Elijah sits on one of his stools and drinks the beer. "Being single hasn't sinked in yet."

Grace tilts her head, shock covering her face. "Andrew and you are done? For good? And the girl... Aurelia? Are you two done with her too?"

He nods slowly, drinking the beer down as the silence surrounds him and Grace. Elijah's guilt must be from the intimacy they shared with Aurelia and then to end things with her after. He can't imagine how she must feel after everything.

"That's...fucked Eli." Grace comments, drinking from her own beer can.

"It's been a week, and nothing. I ignored all of her calls, and Andrew hasn't tried to reach out. I don't know if he called her or anything, but I doubt he did." Elijah leans forward, closing his eyes as he reflects on everything. The blond looks at his unfinished art work and shakes his head. He couldn't remember the last time he sat down and painted. Then his mind drifted to when Aurelia was living with him. Those days he spent up in the loft area wasn't to just paint, but to watch her do it so passionately.

"Where did it all go wrong?" He murmurs softly against his fist before finishing off the beer.

"Aiden." Grace answers, causing Elijah to scoff.

"Yeah, no. Aiden didn't cause my relationship to end. Andrew's obsession with that prick is what ended things. Aurelia's overly curious behavior is what pushed me away from her as well." He rants angrily before shaking his head.

"Listen to yourself, Eli." Grace says, sitting her beer can down. "You ever stop to wonder why he's so obsessed with Aiden? Have you stopped to look at the situation from his point of view?"