▸ fifty-two

▬

Andrew walked up the steps before he did, but Elijah was nervous. Inviting him to this engagement party. Last party he invited Andrew to turn into an insult match... with Andrew winning it and Elijah uncle trying to fight him across the table. That was the night Drew told him to stop putting up with his family shit. It was the first day he questioned being a part of his family.

"Drew, I don't know. This might not be the right time." Elijah grabs his hand, making him turn around. "My mother's fiance's family is here as well. Maybe we could... I don't know, maybe we can find a different time to announce my departure."

Andrew shakes his head and walks down a step. "You promised that you would go today and tell them you're done. If you want me to wait here then fine, but Grace got a good lawyer if your mom tries to pull something. Everything is set up perfectly for you to leave. Why aren't you?"

"What if—"

Andrew sighs and turns around. He opens the door and waltzes right in. Elijah follows behind him, trying to stop him from ruining the party, but he is too late. The moment Andrew steps into the room, everything goes silent and his mother and his soon to be step father watch him and Andrew carefully.

His mother with a glare that could kill on her face stands up slowly. She walks towards Elijah and raises her hand, slapping him across the face. Andrew steps forward but Eli stops him.

"How dare you bring him here." His mother shouts.

"I don't like you either, hag." Andrew bites back causing Elijah to push the shorter male behind him and sighs.

"I'm done." Elijah says, holding his face before bringing it down. Marcello walks forward, his goons behind him. "Im done with this fucking family. You talk down on me, talk down on my boyfriend, and you think I'm going to stick around when he comes into the family and do the same shit? I'm done."

Elijah turns around. "Go get my car started. I'll be there."

"You sure?" Andrew asks, looking over his shoulder. "I could stay just in case."

Elijah shakes his head. "No, it's time I finally stand up to them. I'm tired. Tired of being afraid of her and this shitty family."

Andrew nods his head slowly and kisses his cheek, the opposite one since the one his mother slapped still hurts. He tried not to show it, but it was definitely stinging. Once Drew was outside, Elijah turns to face his mother again, and as her hand comes up, Marcello stops her from striking him again.

"M-Marcello!" His mother protested, flabbergasted that he stopped her. "Let me go! He's being difficult—"

"Yes, he's being difficult, but I refuse to allow you to embarrass me in front of my family." He tells her, before looking at the men that were standing there waiting for his command. He nods for them to escort his mother away, before fixing his suit jacket.