▸ forty-nine

It was rainy. This canceled a lot of things she had planned for her best friends who would be showing up to her job when they land. Nina and her came to an agreement that it was okay for Sabrina and Cameron to stay the two days with them. She didn't even care much about her parents meeting her ex boyfriends, and she really didn't care about Danika trying to check her.

Aurelia remembered telling Nina all about when her parents left.

"She told me I should've warned my parents, but how was I supposed to know they would show up like this? I didn't explain that to her, I did ask her who she thought she was telling me what to do." Aurelia pouts a bit and shoves tomatoes in her mouth. Stress eating.

"Did the other two say something?" Nina asks, upset that she wasn't there to put Danika in her place herself.

"I didn't stay there long enough to find out. I was just trying to go, standing there while my parents talked to my exes, was hard." She admits. She hasn't seen the guys in person since that Halloween event. Since she kissed Vinny in front of Elijah.

"She must think since they aren't with you, she could slide her way back in. No. Not after what she tried to do." Nina rolls her eyes and stares at her phone screen. "Now I really can't stand her ass."

"You know," Aurelia thought about it. She's not sure if she knows the full story about that, but she didn't want to know. She doesn't care... She doesn't care anymore.

While working at the cafe, Aurelia expresses her excitement at seeing her best friends. Desiree leans against the counter resting her cheek on her fist, and smiles.

"You changed a lot since you last met them, hopefully they'll recognize you." The comment made Aurelia laugh and hip bumps Desiree playfully.

"I called all the time, so I'm sure they've noticed." Aurelia smiles as the next customer walks in. It was Vinny, he not wearing a jacket, which is silly because it's cold and rainy, he was dressed as if he was dancing, but now he's wet.

Aurelia could see the outline of his abs as he walks up to the counter. "Hi, V."

"Hey, beautiful." He chuckles, pushing his damp Hair back with his hand before settling for the hot coffee. "Did your best friends land yet?"

Aurelia shakes her head as she makes his coffee. "They'll be here at six. You can come to Nina house later, we are throwing a little get together, just of everyone I know."

She had completely forgotten to invite Vinny, and it was not on purpose. He's been busy, so they would never hang out and when she did call they would have short conversations. Aurelia just forgot about the accident.

"When does it start?"

Aurelia turns towards him and his coffee. "Ten."

"Alright, I'll be there. See you, Relia. Later Des!" Vinny walks out of the cafe quickly, and dash in the direction he came from to get out the rain.