▸ fifty-four

Andrew sighs as he leans against Elijah's car. The male is reading over his papers and just shakes his head and hands it back to him with a smile.

"This is amazing, Drew. Isn't this what you have been wanting since you got out?"

He shrugs. "Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that Aiden is the reason I was kicked out in the first place, he deserves to be ruined for what he did to me, and so many others."

Elijah sighs and crosses his arms before stepping forward tilting his head to the right. "Drew. I know Aiden deserves the absolute worst for what he did, but... I think you should let it go and focus on this rather than him."

"No." Andrew shakes his head and turns away from him. "You know what he did, yet you want me to stop. I'm this close—this close to getting evidence and ruining him and his family."

His blonde boyfriend sighs deeply again. Andrew knows he wants him to stop, he wants to stop, but how can he rest knowing his dynamic with his parents, his relationship with Sean and Elijah, we're tainted by his hatred for him. He wanted him to overdose, he probably wanted him to die, so he won't stop.

"I won't talk about it around you if that makes you feel better, but I won't stop, Eli. I refuse to." He tells him before sighing himself, trying to find something to change the topic.

They were currently parked in the overgrown opening he had kept his cats. He needed a quiet place to vent his frustration in life, but he thought Elijah should see since he showed Aurelia a while ago, before they ended their relationship.

"I never thought of myself as the jealous type until now." Andrew smoothly changes the subject, causing Elijah to nod his head in agreement.

"So he was with her all last night, and early this morning? This guy is really something." Elijah chuckles, but Andrew wasn't laughing. "I doubt she would answer the phone if they were in the middle of doing something, maybe you misunderstood."

"I know," he murmurs digging in his pocket for his box of cigarettes since he left his vape at Sean's dorm the day before. "I confronted her about it, and before we kissed she told me, but it wasn't direct. After the fact, she told me she could do whatever she wanted."

The cloud of smoke surrounds them. "I wanted to do so much more to her in that small ass storage room, but I know how to control myself. I stopped. So I wouldn't fuck up anything we built with her so far."

Elijah groans and leans against the car in the spot beside him. "After I cooked her pasta, we kissed. It was pretty intense. Then Vinny called and she told him to come get her. It's almost like she's fucking with us."