▸ thirty-seven

Act on your desires in relationships with the confidence of an artist approaching a blank canvas. Just as masterpieces are created through bold and fearless strokes, so too are meaningful connections forged by embracing your passions and expressing your true self. Trust that the vibrant colors of your emotions will paint a love story that is uniquely yours.

❞

Aurelia stares at the pot of coffee brewing, thinking about how it would help Andrew. She knows he said not to get involved, but the quicker she does this for him, the faster he finds closure, and takes back whatever he's holding on to in his past. She sighs and scoops some ice in a plastic cup and pours the dark brew of coffee over the ice. She puts the lid on and puts it in the cup holder.

"Here's your iced americano, enjoy." She smiles before sighing as the customer leaves. Since the leaves started falling from the trees, the cafe has been very busy. However, on Saturdays, they happen to be really slow.

"You look beat," Desiree smiles and leans against the other side of the counter. "I guess when you're getting dicked down all hours of the night, that can make you quite exhausted."

Aurelia covers her mouth and looks around to see if anyone heard her vulgar words. She's not surprised by the language itself, just surprised that she said it out loud. She had grown quite close to Desiree since she started working at the cafe. Especially during exam season where Sabrina and Cameron are both too busy, and she wouldn't seem comfortable calling them during an important time. However, she still sends them encouraging messages, but things like, telling them she has two boyfriends, done many things with them, and spending a weekend with them, will have to wait until she's able to speak to them again.

"Don't say that out loud, Desiree." Aurelia covers her face and sighs shyly before looking down at the counter.

"What's wrong? Is something else going on between you three?" She asks, wiping the counter down.

"Well," She shakes her head. "Nothing's wrong, but I do need some advice?"

Desiree tilts her head and walks around to stand behind the counter with her. "You don't even seem sure if advice is what you want, love."

"No," she turns to look at her. "I do want advice."

The slightly shorter girl crosses her arms and leans against the opposite metal table. "Okay, spill."

Aurelia bites the inside of her cheek. She didn't know how to start it, telling Andrew's private business isn't something she wanted to do, especially since the store of his unfortunate event is going around as it is, it wouldn't be right to spread it further.

"I have a friend," she starts, liking that she started with that. "And this friend had something unfortunate that happened to them, and they believe it wasn't a coincidence. They also know the person that might have done the unfortunate thing and–"