‣ three

❝Uncertainty is the threshold of possibility, a canvas yet to be painted.❞

▲

Aurelia holds the yellow basket she would be using for her bathroom necessities close to her body. As she walked around the bathroom section of the store, she had her noise canceling headphones on her head, blasting her favorite chase atlantic song. Of course, everywhere she goes she must have music playing. Before she left for college, her friends and her created a playlist for almost every occasion. Holidays, bad days, good days, even moods. At the time it was a stupid idea. Sabrina, Cameron, and she made about fifty different playlists that were over thirty hours long. Now that she thinks about it, she's quite grateful that she made them. At least now she knows she wouldn't be deprived of her favorite songs. Her mother and father were never big fans of the music she listens to, despite telling that she listens to everything, including the stuff they deem as old folks stuff.

"What you know about New Edition?" Her father laughed when he walked into her room a few months ago.

"I listen to their music," Aurelia smiled as she turned around in the stool, holding the paintbrush in her hand after turning the volume to the music down on her phone. "I don't know much about them as people though."

Her father sat on her bed that day, and told her all about the boy group that had shaken up the eighties and had the hearts of all the girls during that time. The memory makes her smile as she continues to walk along the isle, listening to her productive playlist because she needed to do a lot before her first class, which is late in the day. How she wanted it to be.

Aurelia dreamed about walking around the beautiful city during the day, and studying hard during the evening. She has never been an early bird, so doing early morning classes were going to make her miserable at school she deem as her dream college.

Her mother almost had a heart attack when Aurelia told her she would be doing afternoon and night classes. She went on how it would be dangerous, especially when she's alone with no friends who's doing the same schedule as her to walk with her. Of course, her mother is right, it's more dangerous at night than during the day, but it's not like she has class everyday of the week. Besides, Aurelia knew she could take care of herself, she has a few things to protect herself if it comes down to it. She checked the neighborhood before deciding to attend her dream college, but even if the only crime that has been reported in the area of her dorms are break-ins, she still made sure to think about everything before accepting the acceptance letter.

Her form is located only a few blocks away from campus security. Her campus is a bus ride away from the police station if she ever needs to report something, and she has her dean and guidance counselor if she needs help with anything more. Aurelia is set. Her mother, and her friends, don't need to worry about her. She has everything under control.